Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

if they both did a nice job, you go with the rookie

I think they eventually will.....but do hope they keep Taylor around for depth.

(Unless of course MIA would be interested in Taylor in return for..........yeah, that guy) :)

Edited by Leader

47 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Greene to IR, as most would expect after seeing him carted off yesterday

Gotta feel bad for Greene he worked his tail off to get a shot on a unit with some big names in front of him. Pettine clearly liked him tough break. I think he would have been splitting time or seeing less time if Burks had not gotten hurt but still had carved himself a place on this team. Hope he comes back healthy.

Ben Fennell: Packers defense has a different feel to it There is an obvious attitude/intensity w/this unit. And a level of confidence that I haven't seen in quite some time Guys like Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander, Preston Smith, Za'Darius Smith, Amos are changing the culture of this defense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell: Packers defense has a different feel to it There is an obvious attitude/intensity w/this unit. And a level of confidence that I haven't seen in quite some time Guys like Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander, Preston Smith, Za'Darius Smith, Amos are changing the culture of this defense.

Totally different. It's like going from Barry Manilow to AC/DC.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just so fun to read this and know, while it is still early, it may well be true.

The change in culture, coaching staff, and personnel, was long overdue.

After years of watching milquetoast Dom coordinate deficient defenses and always staying in-house to give the previous GM's picks time to develop it is so refreshing to see what Pettine is doing with all the talent Gute has obtained for him while simultaneously ridding the roster of the overpaid and underproductive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leader said:

Just out of the gate and Amos takes the lean and pole position..............

Amos: 2 games / 9 tackles (8 solo ; 1 assisted) / 1.5 TFL / 1 PD / 1 INT

HHCD: 2 games / 8 tackles (8 solo) / zero's across the board.....

Pff has Amos as the 13'th graded player at the safety position.

Savage is #16.  

HHCD is #17.

Eddie Jackson is #20.

And who is #1?  A guy that many of us (yours truly included) wanted in free agency, though he was restricted.  Anthony Harris of the Vikings.

Oh, and Earl Thomas is #8.

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I suspect he will get done next year. We still have him for 2020 under a very reasonable $9.5 million.

It will absolutely get done, but doesn't necessarily have to this year - although I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen during our bye week.

Only because I think it will get more expensive, but ya it will definitely get done.