Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It wasn’t MM.

That left-handed pass yesterday was a sack the last 4 seasons. We (I think) got a TD on that drive, whereas we would have punted had he taken that sack.

He is noticeably focusing on the RBs in the passing game more while simultaneously acknowledging "I've had a lot of statistical success in the league now I just want to win." Rodgers pretty much confirming @Outpost31's takes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That’s what I’ve been saying for 3 ****ing years.  Once Davante is ready to go, Davante going to ****ing go.  

It has been sort of obvious.

Yesterday he played more like Drew Brees, and gee, it worked.

MM and Rodgers became infatuated with his ability to extend a play, and their metric about how explosive plays affect a game.  They failed to contextualize the metric.

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Huh? Then why has Rodgers play mysteriously change when MLF became HC? Did he start reading your FF posts or something?

Because LaFleur isn’t complacent and does a better job relaying the importance of this to Rodgers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It has been sort of obvious.

Yesterday he played more like Drew Brees, and gee, it worked.

MM and Rodgers became infatuated with his ability to extend a play, and their metric about how explosive plays affect a game.  They failed to contextualize the metric.

The explosive play metric is very much still alive. Our drives with/without a 20 yard play is gross.

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Huh? Then why has Rodgers play mysteriously change when MLF became HC? Did he start reading your FF posts or something?

Because Adams was injured today, and because instead of using RBs as check downs, we're seeing them used more as primary targets

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Soo you’re saying it was on MM? Ha

You really never follow along at all, do you?  It was not by McCarthy's design to not feature backs in the passing game. 

You can sit and act like Rodgers was innocent in all this all you want, but it's simply not the case and all evidence points to Rodgers flat out refusing to work with McCarthy. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You really never follow along at all, do you?  It was not by McCarthy's design to not feature backs in the passing game. 

You can sit and act like Rodgers was innocent in all this all you want, but it's simply not the case and all evidence points to Rodgers flat out refusing to work with McCarthy. 

Not sure anyone is acting like Rodgers is innocent. But when someone is hired to coach, he should be held accountable when he fails to do so. LaFleur's ability to coach Rodgers into passing to his RBs, should be proof enough that MM was failing at it.  Seems like the blame should fall at both Rodgers and MMs feet. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The explosive play metric is very much still alive. Our drives with/without a 20 yard play is gross.

I don't dispute that they are important.

My opinion is that whomever (I use that term to avoid the inevitable argument about the MM/Rodgers balance) lost sight of how the successful non explosive plays help set up the explosive plays.  At some level, you have to keep your QB healthy, and the chains moving until the explosive play opens up.