Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's never been about his play. It's gonna come down to the medical (which we will never hear about). Rivera wasn't offered a contract and his back blew up in Dallas 3 months later. Similar fates for Lang and Sitton. We have no idea what it takes to keep Bulaga on the field and you don't want to be caught with your pants down giving him a contract you can't get out of. And of course the Packers rarely give 3rd contracts.

I've been on the get rid of Bulaga train for a while, but man is he playing some good football. This is a quandary because it's be nice to get him for a few more years on a team friendly deal. The problem is somebody with cap space to burn is going to pay him a lot, IMO. If I'm Bulaga, I've got to get paid as much as I can on my last deal too. 

Zach Kruse:

Packers are 4-1.

GB's remaining schedule:

vs. DET (2-1-1)
vs. OAK (3-2)
at KC (4-1)
at LAC (2-3)
vs. CAR (3-2)
at SF (4-0)
at NYG (2-3)
vs. WAS (0-5)
vs. CHI (3-2)
at MIN (3-2)
at DET (2-1-1)

Overall: 28-22-2
5 home games, 6 road games
3 games vs. teams currently under .500

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:

Packers are 4-1.

GB's remaining schedule:

vs. DET (2-1-1)
vs. OAK (3-2)
at KC (4-1)
at LAC (2-3)
vs. CAR (3-2)
at SF (4-0)
at NYG (2-3)
vs. WAS (0-5)
vs. CHI (3-2)
at MIN (3-2)
at DET (2-1-1)

Overall: 28-22-2
5 home games, 6 road games
3 games vs. teams currently under .500

10-6/11-5 looking extremely possible if we can keep our heads.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

10-6/11-5 looking extremely possible if we can keep our heads.

Wins (or games we should take....)

Packers are 4-1. GB's remaining schedule:

vs. DET (2-1-1)
vs. OAK (3-2)
at KC (4-1)
at LAC (2-3)
vs. CAR (3-2)
at SF (4-0)
at NYG (2-3)
vs. WAS (0-5)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................ahhhhh hell....

vs. CHI (3-2)
at MIN (3-2)
at DET (2-1-1)

:)

Not sure about that close out, but couldnt help myself.

AR must stay healthy.

10-6.11-5,12-4.  Go for broke, we could actually do better than that if we can retain health to a high degree.  Same for all good teams for the most part.

There's been a lot of talk about who the Packers could add as a weapon before the trade deadline.  Sanders in Denver mentioned a lot among a couple of others.

How about Jordan Reed?  How much would he improve this offense and what would we likely have to give?

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

How about Jordan Reed?  How much would he improve this offense and what would we likely have to give?

The quick answer would be he'd add a concussion of hamstring injury to our roster.

He's always hurt.

In fact, I checked his stats (cause I remembered he was injured earlier....) and he's not played at all this year.

Perhaps WA IR'd him to some degree? Cant say / dont know - but outside some decent receiving skills, his greatest career accomplishment is amount of time on the injured list. 

13 minutes ago, 15412 said:

10-6.11-5,12-4.  Go for broke, we could actually do better than that if we can retain health to a high degree.  Same for all good teams for the most part.

There's been a lot of talk about who the Packers could add as a weapon before the trade deadline.  Sanders in Denver mentioned a lot among a couple of others.

I don't know about improving our offense but he would certainly make a great excuse for when we drop games that he's not playing in due to being on the injury report or IR. The name value is everything. lol.

I know he's been hurt, question is how close to healthy is he?   If he comes at a bargain cost and passes our physical just another thought.  He's just on the right side of 30 and his last big contract nearing an end. 

I guess we're back to Sanders or Drake, eh?

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I know he's been hurt, question is how close to healthy is he?   If he comes at a bargain cost and passes our physical just another thought.  He's just on the right side of 30 and his last big contract nearing an end. 

I guess we're back to Sanders or Drake, eh?

I mean, even if he's close to being Healthy it's only a matter of time before he's unhealthy again. So, I'd rather not. Even at a bargain rate. If I'm looking to make a win-now move it wouldn't be with a TE that has a long history of not playing games. Larry Fitzgerald is a move I would consider making in a win-now mindset but mostly because his character & work ethic as well as what he could do for our younger Wide Receivers would be worth whatever we gave up whether it be a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Edited by Nick_gb

OK, fair enough.  Reed is in the category health wise as AJ Green, though if you could get Green healthy a far more dynamic addition.

I like the idea of adding Fitz, hadn't thought of that.  Would the Cards part with him.....

I expect the Pats will trade for one of these WR's mentioned …. Sanders, Green, Fitz.   Don't know if Parker in Miami is healthy, just trying to rack my melon for another weapon that can be had.

I wouldn't mind adding another playmaker on the off chance - likelihood - that we may lose one of our existing playmakers to injury this year.  It's happened before, it'll prolly happen again.  Let's take a proactive approach while we have a solid chance at a deep playoff run.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

No to Reed .. he's got serious concussion issues.  If this concussion doesn't do him in the next one will.  As for Green or Sanders ... YES!  Just adding a legit wideout would take some of the heat off of other guys like Adams and MVS.  

Green is in the last year of his deal and has a 12 million base salary. He's also been very banged up the last few years. Heck of a talent but with our cap situation you are gambling on him being the guy to get us over the hump and win a Super Bowl. Similar deal with Sanders!