Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

21 over on the freeway isn’t great, but depending on the speed of traffic isn’t crazy fast. 

As much as anything, I think this probably shows the difference between WI and other parts of the country.  If you are doing 80 mph on the interstate in a 60 mph construction zone on I-95, you are likely holding up several vehicles stacked up behind you.  Does not surprise me at all that someone who had been living in the BAL/DC area would be driving 80 in that situation.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

As much as anything, I think this probably shows the difference between WI and other parts of the country.  If you are doing 80 mph on the interstate in a 60 mph construction zone on I-95, you are likely holding up several vehicles stacked up behind you.  Does not surprise me at all that someone who had been living in the BAL/DC area would be driving 80 in that situation.

You'd think that if you were driving while carrying (to some degree...and certainly if you were using) - while facing the double edged sword of both civil and professional repercussions - you'd stay sharp on the speed limits and use cruise control to fly under the radar.

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i wouldn't really even be disappointed if they gave him a 2 game suspension asap so they can actually let his knee heal a little 

He's got the bye week coming up. No room for error right now when we're chasing NO and SF for a potential first round bye. One loss to a team we should beat could end up haunting us. Need all hands on deck to keep this win streak going the next 2 weeks before the pivotal SF game. 

94 in Racine has been under construction since I was born it feels like. Everyone goes 80 on it, including me coming back from work trips from Chicago where I just want to get the hell out of congested roads. The Hwy 20 offramp he got pulled over on is actually my exit to go home. No crews are ever actually doing anything though. It's like driving on an Indiana hwy if anyone's ever experienced that joy. Miles of cones shutting down a lane, causing hours of delays, no workers in sight.

If I'm LaFleur I'm giving it to him straight. Don't smoke your weed out of a vape pen, just use blunts, we don't need you dying on us.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

94 in Racine has been under construction since I was born it feels like. Everyone goes 80 on it, including me coming back from work trips from Chicago where I just want to get the hell out of congested roads. The Hwy 20 offramp he got pulled over on is actually my exit to go home. No crews are ever actually doing anything though. It's like driving on an Indiana hwy if anyone's ever experienced that joy. Miles of cones shutting down a lane, causing hours of delays, no workers in sight.

If I'm LaFleur I'm giving it to him straight. Don't smoke your weed out of a vape pen, just use blunts, we don't need you dying on us.

Natural is always better

1 hour ago, Leader said:

You'd think that if you were driving while carrying (to some degree...and certainly if you were using) - while facing the double edged sword of both civil and professional repercussions - you'd stay sharp on the speed limits and use cruise control to fly under the radar.

Much like speeding, I expect Z's view on "carrying" is much more relaxed vs the typical WI resident.  There is definitely some culture shock when moving from the BAL area to GB.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Much like speeding, I expect Z's view on "carrying" is much more relaxed vs the typical WI resident.  There is definitely some culture shock when moving from the BAL area to GB.

Smith was raised in Alabama, attended college at East Mississippi CC and then Kentucky. This man's formative years were not spent in Baltimore

42 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Could be - cant say - and I'm not trying to impose some moral code on anybody - just counseling they be smart.

If you've got something in your possession - or in the car you're driving from here to there - that if found could cause you either civil or professional hassles (not to mention a considerable amound of cash).......be smart.

If you cant (or dont want to) get rid of it - use the technology readily available to you (read: cruise control) to make your car blend in. Enhance the probability if wont ever be searched and you can avoid the hassles and enjoy whatever it is.

I get that it makes sense for Z to be smarter in this situation, but I just don't expect that's the way any of these guys think.  The speeding is a total non-issue to me, and I doubt the possession part of it even registers with a lot of athletes as something to be truly wary of.  I kind of expect that Z was using his cruise control, and it was set to 80 mph. The idea of being extra careful because he might get pulled over for speeding and have his car searched likely never entered his mind.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I get that it makes sense for Z to be smarter in this situation, but I just don't expect that's the way any of these guys think.  The speeding is a total non-issue to me, and I doubt the possession part of it even registers with a lot of athletes as something to be truly wary of.  I kind of expect that Z was using his cruise control, and it was set to 80 mph. The idea of being extra careful because he might get pulled over for speeding and have his car searched likely never entered his mind.

Could very well be. All I'm saying is that it should have. More than enough athletes have been stopped - or had their cars searched incidentally as a result of some driving mishap and suffered the penalty. Its not like its not BREAKING / HEADLINE NEWS.

So - just remove yourself from that potential. Either dont carry while out in the public - or drive slow enough that odds are you wont get stopped.

Edited by Leader

10 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Yes and no. During off hours, people cruise through all the time. I mean I personally try to always keep it under 10 over but I get it

I guess I'm out of step on this one. I live in the upper Midwest (Duluth, MN) and haven't done much driving far from home in the last few years. Mostly I travel in northern Minnesota, northern Wisconsin, and Michigan's Upper Peninsula. A couple weeks ago I drove down to the Twin Cities and was surprised that a lot of traffic was going 70 mph in a 60 mph in a construction zone. Some people were going even faster, but I assumed they were maniacs who deserved to be pulled over and ticketed. 

• Like 1