Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Green Bay Press Gazette: The holiday tradition of Packers players signing autographs in exchange for donations to the Salvation Army is back.

Players will be at the Lambeau Field Atrium for five Monday evenings beginning Nov. 18. 

Different players will be featured at 6 p.m. each week. Linebacker Rashan Gary and safety Darnell Savage are first up next week.

Fans are asked to donate a minimum of $20 to the Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign to receive an autograph. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers has pledged to match each donation made during the signings, up to $50,000, to double the amount collected to help needy families, seniors and the homeless in Green Bay.

• Like 2

Ryan Wood - Packers coach Matt LaFleur says team will leave to San Francisco on Saturday, not Friday. A changeup from travel plans when GB went to LA Chargers. He says change came after conversation with training staff. They were going to leave Saturday "regardless" of Sunday night game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

The " area's for improvement" list is long, but I'm encouraged to see MLF focusing on these areas!

The main one I have a big issue with is the giving up big plays. How are we giving up big plays when we're playing so soft on defense... and penalties. Overall we're good with penalties, just the consistent false starts.

I think we're actually quite consistent on special teams

Edited by JBURGE

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

The " area's for improvement" list is long, but I'm encouraged to see MLF focusing on these areas!

Him wanting us to be more consistent on special teams is troubling.  It’s almost like he’s saying he doesn’t want us to have any good special teams plays.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Him wanting us to be more consistent on special teams is troubling.  It’s almost like he’s saying he doesn’t want us to have any good special teams plays.

I'll submit that's "coachspeak" to say about the same thing - the unit needs to perform better.