Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Just cheer for a seattle sf matchup.

I’d prefer a Minnesota SF matchup. When healthy they have the weapons and defense to take them down.  That would also mean that NO gets knocked out and we would most likely get Seattle since I think they beat the Eagles in Philly. Love our odds vs Seattle in frozen temps. Minnesota beats SF for a rematch in the NFCCG. Again, love our odds vs any team in GB. We take down Minnesota for a third time and advance to face the Ravens in Miami. At this point all bets are off. Packers will be heavy underdogs in this one.  Ravens run game is what really scares me. The passing game can be stopped and the defense is just okay. But that run game is really tough to stop. They have 3 good backs and of course Jackson. Packers D will need a few takeaways and some heroics by Rodgers to win that one. Not sure the defense can hold up to the Ravens leaning on them for 4 quarters. Cause that’s all Jim wants to do, lean on you with their bigs and Ingram until the game just kind of ends. In the end it’s a bad matchup for the Packers. If they get some luck and avoid Baltimore that would be ideal. KC has the best team speed in the AFC so they scare me as well.  Hoping that the Pats somehow come out of the AFC cause I think the Packers roll that one.

TLDR:

Packers need a lot of luck to seal the deal in Miami.  

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Very glad to play on Sunday night.

I like the schedule overall. Saints game first so if they win, I'll root for Seattle to beat Philly bc SF at least struggles against Seattle. If the Vikings pull off the upset, I'd probably want Philly over Seattle in GB. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

I’d prefer a Minnesota SF matchup. When healthy they have the weapons and defense to take them down.  That would also mean that NO gets knocked out and we would most likely get Seattle since I think they beat the Eagles in Philly. Love our odds vs Seattle in frozen temps. Minnesota beats SF for a rematch in the NFCCG. Again, love our odds vs any team in GB. We take down Minnesota for a third time and advance to face the Ravens in Miami. At this point all bets are off. Packers will be heavy underdogs in this one.  Ravens run game is what really scares me. The passing game can be stopped and the defense is just okay. But that run game is really tough to stop. They have 3 good backs and of course Jackson. Packers D will need a few takeaways and some heroics by Rodgers to win that one. Not sure the defense can hold up to the Ravens leaning on them for 4 quarters. Cause that’s all Jim wants to do, lean on you with their bigs and Ingram until the game just kind of ends. In the end it’s a bad matchup for the Packers. If they get some luck and avoid Baltimore that would be ideal. KC has the best team speed in the AFC so they scare me as well.  Hoping that the Pats somehow come out of the AFC cause I think the Packers roll that one.

TLDR:

Packers need a lot of luck to seal the deal in Miami.  

Dude, wake up...you're sleep-typing.   You forgot one huge factor.....Cousins.  Everyone in the playoffs has a winning record which means the vikings have no chance with 'Kissin' Cousins at the helm.

Every  team needs a lot of luck to get to Miami.

4 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Dude, wake up...you're sleep-typing.   You forgot one huge factor.....Cousins.  Everyone in the playoffs has a winning record which means the vikings have no chance with 'Kissin' Cousins at the helm.

Every  team needs a lot of luck to get to Miami.

'Kissin' Cousins... gross! Just like Kirk lol

Andy Herman -  Aaron Rodgers w/ a new system/coach & finally healthy looked nearly identical to 2018:

2018 | 2019

Comp: 372 | 353
Att: 597 | 569
%: 62.3 | 62.0
Yards: 4442 | 4002
TD: 25 | 26
INT: 2 | 4
Y/A: 7.4 | 7.0
Y/C: 11.9 | 11.3
Rating: 97.6 | 95.4
QBR: 54.4 | 53.5
Sacks: 49 | 36

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Agreed.

You actually think we have a shot of beating New Orleans? I don't. We can't stop the run and they have an excellent 1-2 punch. They'll run to set up the pass and their secondary will shut down our passing game.

I have them beating Baltimore in the Superb Owl at the moment...

1 minute ago, Joe said:

You actually think we have a shot of beating New Orleans? I don't. We can't stop the run and they have an excellent 1-2 punch. They'll run to set up the pass and their secondary will shut down our passing game.

I have them beating Baltimore in the Superb Owl at the moment...

I think we can beat anyone left and anyone left can beat us.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  Aaron Rodgers w/ a new system/coach & finally healthy looked nearly identical to 2018:

2018 | 2019

Comp: 372 | 353
Att: 597 | 569
%: 62.3 | 62.0
Yards: 4442 | 4002
TD: 25 | 26
INT: 2 | 4
Y/A: 7.4 | 7.0
Y/C: 11.9 | 11.3
Rating: 97.6 | 95.4
QBR: 54.4 | 53.5
Sacks: 49 | 36

It is what it is .. this is what Aaron Rodgers has become.  I could see improvement coming next season in year two, but I also could see more of the same thing.  At 36 years old there probably isn't an MVP type season left in this guy.  At some point soon I think the Packers will get a succession plan in place .. definitely could see Gute drafting a QB this year. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It is what it is .. this is what Aaron Rodgers has become.  I could see improvement coming next season in year two, but I also could see more of the same thing.  At 36 years old there probably isn't an MVP type season left in this guy.  At some point soon I think the Packers will get a succession plan in place .. definitely could see Gute drafting a QB this year. 

I disagree. The physical tools are there. He just needs to tweak his game. It's certainly an uphill battle against his own stubbornness, but I doubt many thought Favre could have two MVP-esque seasons in '07 and '09.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Striker said:

I disagree. The physical tools are there. He just needs to tweak his game. It's certainly an uphill battle against his own stubbornness, but I doubt many thought Favre could have two MVP-esque seasons in '07 and '09.

Favre also had good defenses those seasons as well. We have a mediocre defense in year 2 with gaping holes in the front-7.

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I agree, but I hope we don't. There isn't a single QB you can trust in this draft except for Joe Burrow who, if he goes to Cincy, will bust because of what's around him. I'm honestly pulling for the kid really hard, especially after his Heisman speech.