Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, deltarich87 said:

I figured it was done because they'll be bringing Raven Greene back off IR shortly, but seeing that Bak liked the tweets announcing that Brown was being released, I'd say it's more likely he was causing issues in the locker room

Damn that’s savage.

• Like 1

It's pretty obvious Brown became a problem. You don't cut down to 52 in week 17 out of the blue unless you need to. 

I get it for Brown and have no issue with it, he's good enough to play in this league. Tramon found the fountain of youth and Sullivan came out of nowhere and showed he can be the dime back. Get yourself cut and in a system where you can play next year. We need Jackson to be good enough to play reps next year.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's pretty obvious Brown became a problem. You don't cut down to 52 in week 17 out of the blue unless you need to. 

I get it for Brown and have no issue with it, he's good enough to play in this league. Tramon found the fountain of youth and Sullivan came out of nowhere and showed he can be the dime back. Get yourself cut and in a system where you can play next year. We need Jackson to be good enough to play reps next year.

If Jackson isn't ready to play next year he never will be.  Same with Burks .. does that guy even make it to next season?  They are petrified to even put that guy on the field on D.

8 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am starting the rumor tht Tony Brown was cut so that they can re-sign Jordy Nelson for the playoff run.

I wonder why they didn't just suspend Tony Brown for conduct detrimental to the team. Tell him to go home, clean up his act and be ready next year or he's done! Again, I don't know what the kid did, but it is rumored it was behavior related, not ability. 

Edited by Golfman

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I wonder why they didn't just suspend Tony Brown for conduct detrimental to the team. Tell him to go home, clean up his act and be ready next year or he's done! Again, I don't know what the kid did, but it is rumored it was behavior related, not ability. 

I think at some point you decide if the behavior thing is something he can control or not.  Appears that they decided it wasn't something he could control.

He brought a lot of good luck to Finneas Gage's game day threads, but he it is not like he was irreplaceable.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think at some point you decide if the behavior thing is something he can control or not.  Appears that they decided it wasn't something he could control.

He brought a lot of good luck to Finneas Gage's game day threads, but he it is not like he was irreplaceable.

I loved the attitude the kid played with and you are correct, he is replaceable. How many players do we want to have to replace though? 

If it was behavior he couldn't control, I think you're talking either therapy or being treated for a mental illness. I think they should have tried to get the kid help first. Maybe they tried that first before cutting him as well. 

I hope the kid gets himself right, if indeed, that was why he was let go! 

Just now, Golfman said:

I loved the attitude the kid played with and you are correct, he is replaceable. How many players do we want to have to replace though? 

If it was behavior he couldn't control, I think you're talking either therapy or being treated for a mental illness. I think they should have tried to get the kid help first. Maybe they tried that first before cutting him as well. 

I hope the kid gets himself right, if indeed, that was why he was let go! 

Doesn't have to be mental illness, it could just be that he is an *******.

I have worked with people with personality disorders.  They rarely decide to change before getting fired.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Doesn't have to be mental illness, it could just be that he is an *******.

I have worked with people with personality disorders.  They rarely decide to change before getting fired.

I was suggesting behavioral or mental illness. 

Edited by Golfman

Bringing Jordy back for a playoff run would be brilliant and would give Rodgers an emotional boost. Lambeau Field would be electric and louder than ever. This team needs an emotional boost and a blast from the past could push us over the hump. Out with Allison in with Jordy would make the most sense. The sad reason it won't happen is that Gute would have to admit he made a mistake cutting Jordy for Graham.

40 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Bringing Jordy back for a playoff run would be brilliant and would give Rodgers an emotional boost. Lambeau Field would be electric and louder than ever. This team needs an emotional boost and a blast from the past could push us over the hump. Out with Allison in with Jordy would make the most sense. The sad reason it won't happen is that Gute would have to admit he made a mistake cutting Jordy for Graham.

Tend to agree, but it would be awesome. Remember Rodgers still owes him one.