Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Jackson isn't ready to play next year he never will be.  Same with Burks .. does that guy even make it to next season?  They are petrified to even put that guy on the field on D.

I wouldn't say petrified. Tramon and Sullivan have just been that good as your 3 and 4

35 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I know we're all just spit-balling about Jordy returning, but does anyone know if he's even been working out and stayed in shape? Is Beastmode really a good comparison for a retired vet coming back on the fly?  Just pondering.

Working the Farm, not exactly working on a football return. Lynch was training all the time waiting for someone to call.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Jackson isn't ready to play next year he never will be.  Same with Burks .. does that guy even make it to next season?  They are petrified to even put that guy on the field on D.

At some point, it becomes a numbers game for guys like Josh Jackson and Oren Burks.  Jaire Alexander and Kevin King are roster locks given their current status.  Given Chandon Sullivan's play down the stretch and the fact that he's an ERFA at the end of the year, he's probably safe to pencil in as well.  So that 3 out of the likely 6 CB positions accounted for. You can probably lump Josh Jackson in with Ka'Dar Hollman as guys who are currently on the inside, but could be pushed out if numbers dictate it.  As for Burks, the only other non-rush LBs currently under contract are Ty Summers and Curtis Bolton.

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I wouldn't say petrified. Tramon and Sullivan have just been that good as your 3 and 4

Do you think we give Tramon another contact? His is up after this year and he's close to 40 37 I think. He's sort of an ageless wonder but at some point. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Do you think we give Tramon another contact? His is up after this year and he's close to 40 37 I think. He's sort of an ageless wonder but at some point. 

Would he want another contract? I wonder how his body is feeling. It seems like he can still play though. Maybe he could be a player-coach? He brings a lot of good things to a very young DB room.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Would he want another contract? I wonder how his body is feeling. It seems like he can still play though. Maybe he could be a player-coach? He brings a lot of good things to a very young DB room.

All for putting him on the coaching staff. He has a lot to offer for sure. 

I love Tramon and always have. I remember when the Packers first brought him in. He made some plays and I remember thinking this guy has some moxie. If he wants to come back, I say give him a contract. And when he retires, ask him to stay in Green Bay as a coach. He's the kind of person you want to build an organization with. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I want Tramon and Graham next year at reduced salaries in smaller roles so they can get a ring with us.  Both are true teammates and great people who don’t deserve some of the hate they get here. 

But they’re already getting a ring this year?

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I want Tramon and Graham next year at reduced salaries in smaller roles so they can get a ring with us.  Both are true teammates and great people who don’t deserve some of the hate they get here. 

Jimmy Graham has been terrible, absolutely terrible. He could very well be a great teammate, but this is a big boy league and you don't get to stick around because you are a great guy. Tramon would have to be very cheap to bring him back at 37, other than as a coach. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Jimmy Graham has been terrible, absolutely terrible. He could very well be a great teammate, but this is a big boy league and you don't get to stick around because you are a great guy. Tramon would have to be very cheap to bring him back at 37, other than as a coach. 

Jimmy Graham is literally an average tight end in this league and no offense but you have zero perspective do not argue with me on this I am sick of it his numbers are literally average the only problem with him is his salary.  You wouldn’t know an average TE if he picked you up and threw you through a window.  He’s average, and if he’s paid like an average TE he’s an asset, not a liability.

31 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Maybe a team friendly, wont be anything huge though. They also may just want to get the most out of Jackson and have him and Sullivan fight for the slot job and move on from Tramon.

Edited by Gopackgonerd