Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Outpost31 said:

No I know that’s not what you’re saying, I’m saying I don’t like the people who hate because of injuries.

I think most folks don't hate due to injuries.  They dislike because that person can't do his job for the amount of dollars he's being paid.  In addition, somebody else has to come in to do the job he can't.  Most times it's a bench player who isn't as good and just can't do the job.  It's a double whammy.  For whatever reason, certain players are just more injury prone that can't contribute for much of their contract.  It's just a fact, always being on the bench not helping the team and using up valuable payroll due to constantly being hurt doesn't endear any player to the fan base.  

9 hours ago, Golfman said:

Your problem is you think he's going to stay where he is when he's clearly in decline and has been for 3 - 4 years. Trust me millennial, you don't suddenly turn back the hands of time. He's going to be worse next year. Cut your losses and move on.

Does all of this apply to Rodgers too or nah?

• Like 1

I don't think I can remember a year with so few games lost due to injuries like hammy's or misc muscle strains.  I don't even care how much impact the strength and conditioning staff has on the overall health of the team, they must be doing so something right.  Give those guys a raise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't think I can remember a year with so few games lost due to injuries like hammy's or misc muscle strains.  I don't even care how much impact the strength and conditioning staff has on the overall health of the team, they must be doing so something right.  Give those guys a raise.

Probably one of the largest impacts on our record.

Edited by deathstar

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's he though? Better than most? Is he top 10?

Of course he is "better than most". You're starting to go off the rails here. He's not his MVP version but you're not going 13-3 with half the league's starting QBs dropped into this offense with this personnel to throw to.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Of course he is "better than most". You're starting to go off the rails here. He's not his MVP version but you're not going 13-3 with half the league's starting QBs dropped into this offense with this personnel to throw to.

How many years in a row are we expected to accept statistical production outside of the top 10 and still act like he's still there?

I really don't want to hear about his lack of talent three days after he just tied the record for most overthrows in an NFL game. 

GB fans are having a tough time wrapping their minds around the idea that this team does not depend on Rodgers nearly as much as the typical McCarthy team did.  Rodgers played like a mid-tier QB this year, but the defense and running games were enough to string together these "ugly" wins.  Winning with a bad offense is more or less the definition of what an ugly win looks like.  This team has won a lot of games with bad offense, and Rodgers was as responsible for that bad offense as anyone.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many years in a row are we expected to accept statistical production outside of the top 10 and still act like he's still there?

I really don't want to hear about his lack of talent three days after he just tied the record for most overthrows in an NFL game. 

Of course you don't because you're fixated on the notion that the overthrows are all on Rodgers. Some of it his him and some of it is receivers not finishing routes, taking bad routes to the ball, and flat out dropping or short-arming balls. The Packers played above their roster far too long because of Rodgers. Now it's time to win "with him" not "because of him" and do so with a better supporting cast. Thankfully the front office seems to get this. They achieved a lot this past offseason. Now they need to address some other areas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Of course you don't because you're fixated on the notion that the overthrows are all on Rodgers. Some of it his him and some of it is receivers not finishing routes, taking bad routes to the ball, and flat out dropping or short-arming balls. The Packers played above their roster far too long because of Rodgers. Now it's time to win "with him" not "because of him" and do so with a better supporting cast. Thankfully the front office seems to get this. They achieved a lot this past offseason. Now they need to address some other areas.

No, the overthrows are on him. We're not talking about incompletions that account for drops or short arming. We're talking about pure dumbass "threw the ball too far" overthrows.

He's making 30 ******* million dollars. You don't win with an average QB making 30 million dollars. If he's going to be an average QB at that salary number, he's a toxic asset. And not one we can even move. He's now an anchor at that point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

How many AR critique threads are we going to have?

We're in the playoffs and we just had to rely on a game winning kick in week 17 against the 3-12-1 Lions because our QB just broke the NFL record for overthrows in a game. This is a fairly significant point of conversation.