Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Outpost31 said:

And you're probably referring to Hayden Hurst.  What if I told you Jimmy Graham has more receptions and yards per reception than their first round TE? 

Tag me on everything and Hayden Hurst is ONE Of the two TE's I was referring to. The other is going to the pro-bowl: 

64 852 13.3 51 10

By the way Baltimore set a league record for rushing yards in a season, so common sense will tell you receivers are not going to get as many targets. Yet they managed 37 TD receptions. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Mazrimiv still want me to go through with this?

Bengals
Tyler Boyd - 73
Tate - 70.5
Erickson - 67.1
Ross - 63

Panthers
Moore - 82.2
Samuel - 62.7
Wright - 47.8
Hogan - 54.9

Bills
Duke Williams - 65.3
John Brown - 75.8
Isaiah McKenzie - 68.8
Cole Beasley - 73.6

Sure because so far you've come up with one team that has Lazard would be #2. AJ Green missed all of 2019 so hard to blame the Bengals. However, not sure Lazard is a #2 without him either. The Bills have Brown and Beasley who are both better. 

And you are running out of ****ty teams with ****ty QB's! Can't wait until we get to the good teams! LOL! Even the Giants with Darius Slayton as the #2 and Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram are more weapons. Again, Adams is elite so my comment, which started this was Lazard was in the top 15 - #2 WRs.  

Edited by Golfman

Lazard is an acceptable #2....when Rodgers makes good throws.  Hence, if Rodgers plays to his full potential, we might see him become an even better #2.  See what I did there?

Also, I don’t think it’s greedy of me or anyone else to want another, or an even better #2 than Lazard on this team.  Luxury or otherwise, I’d like it.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

Just now, Golfman said:

Tag me on everything and Hayden Hurst is ONE Of the two TE's I was referring to. The other is going to the pro-bowl: 

64 852 13.3 51 10

By the way Baltimore set a league record for rushing yards in a season, so common sense will tell you receivers are not going to get as many targets. Yet they managed 37 TD receptions. 

Yeah.  The Ravens have better tight ends.  Are we talking about tight ends or are YOU moving the goal posts? 

Just now, Golfman said:

Sure because so far you've come up with one team that has Lazard would be #2. AJ Green missed all of 2019 so hard to blame the Bengals. However, not sure Lazard is a #2 without him either. The Bills have Brown and Beasley who are both better. 

Does that change the fact that we are better off than the Bengals at WR? 

25 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Rodgers is not playing up to his potential......

Here's an insight to grab hold of...........

Rodgers has been sandbagging the entire league this season. Chucking the ball every which way but into the hands/arms of our opponents - simply because he (and MLF) are gonna unveil a (too date) unseem bombshell offensive scheme thats gonna light the world on fire and torch our playoff opponents before they know what hit them!

Whew!!!!!!!!!! How's that for fantastic!  :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Here's an insight to grab hold of...........

Rodgers has been sandbagging the entire league this season. Chucking the ball every which way but into the hands/arms of our opponents - simply because he (and MLF) are gonna unveil a (too date) unseem bombshell offensive scheme thats gonna light the world on fire and torch our playoff opponents before they know what hit them!

Whew!!!!!!!!!! How's that for fantastic!  :)

I LITERALLY used to believe McCarthy did this.  Get by on stupid in the regular season and save everything for the post season.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Lazard is an acceptable #2....when Rodgers makes good throws.  Hence, if Rodgers plays to his full potential, we might see him become an even better #2.  See what I did there?

Also, I don’t think it’s greedy of me or anyone else to want another, or an even better #2 than Lazard on this team.  Luxury or otherwise, I’d like it.

Exactly right.  Just don’t say we’re not better at WR than most of the league when we have Davante Adams.  I’m all for bringing in more WR help, especially since we have few other positions in dire need.  But don’t act like Rodgers is playing with some cupcake roster.

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

I'd laugh at you! Now, does Lazard have the ability to develop into a fine #2? I'd say he could do that, but he's dropped a few too many passes and hasn't really distinguished himself in that many games. I'd also add he might be one of the best blocking WR's in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

32 teams = 32 receiver 2s.  Name 23 number two receivers significantly better than Lazard.

This is the conversation we had! See how you changed it to 'significantly' better #2. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

This is the conversation we had! See how you changed it to 'significantly' better #2. 

This is literally word for word what you quoted in the first place.  I did not change it.  The first question I said I used SIMILAR.  If you’re not SIGNIFICANTLY better, are you not SIMILAR?

Point is moot.  I’m going to show you what I already know.  That Lazard is similar/not significantly worse than 70% of the number two receivers in this league.

Edited by Outpost31

I LITERALLY used to believe McCarthy did this.  Get by on stupid in the regular season and save everything for the post season.

Everything we dont expect to happen in the playoffs will happen, like Gary getting 10 sacks over the course of our super bowl run. And Jake Kumerow throwing a 50 yard TD.

16 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Everything we dont expect to happen in the playoffs will happen, like Gary getting 10 sacks over the course of our super bowl run. And Jake Kumerow throwing a 50 yard TD.

Kumerow is related to the Bosa's so I expect he'll play some defense and get a sack too! LOL! 

Gary getting 1 sack a game would be a big, big boost! 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is literally word for word what you quoted in the first place.  I did not change it.  The first question I said I used SIMILAR.  If you’re not SIGNIFICANTLY better, are you not SIMILAR?

Point is moot.  I’m going to show you what I already know.  That Lazard is similar/not significantly worse than 70% of the number two receivers in this league.

I'm going to exit this conversation with this. 

I love the development of Lazard. He's got a chance to be a real, real good WR. I hope he has a monster post season and continue to build on what he's done this year. I still want another stud WR next year to go along with what we've got. Aaron Rodgers HAS to be better in the playoffs than he's been this year. He has to be better next year than he was this year. 

Now, on top of that, Sternberger has to make a big year two leap, because a decent TE with the three WRs (hypothetical) and our running game would make our offense nearly unstoppable. 

Go Pack Go! 

Just now, Golfman said:

I'm going to exit this conversation with this.

You're not getting out of it that easily.  Admit that you were off when you suggested you would laugh in my face if I said Lazard was similar to 70% of the #2 receivers in the league.  Admit that the Packers are top 16 in WR talent. 

You're not getting out of it that easily.  Admit that you were off when you suggested you would laugh in my face if I said Lazard was similar to 70% of the #2 receivers in the league.  Admit that the Packers are top 16 in WR talent. 

No thanks because neither of those statements are true IN MY OPINION!

But that would mean there are only 9 - #2 receivers better than Lazard according to your 70% claim. 

Here the the ones that are indisputable! I didn't get into the questionable ones, like CIn with Green out for the year, for instance. 

Thielen - MN

Washington - Pitts

Metcalf - Sea

Kirk - Az

Ridley - ATL

Snead - Balt

Gabriel - CH

Gallop - Dal 

Jones - Det

Beckham j- Cle

Fuller - Hou

KC - take your pick Hardman or Watkins

M. Williams - SD

Cupp - Rams

Crowder - Jets

Renfro - Raiders

Samuel - SF

Godwin - TB

Davis - TN

That's 19 and there are 5-6 that we could debate! These are not debatable! 

Have a good night though! NOW admit you were wrong! LOL