Jump to content

Random Packer News & Notes


Recommended Posts

Just now, Malfatron said:

and during the super bowl lets comment on the game as if its happening in the Mandela universe complete with Leaders play updates

15:00 in the 1st quarter, a kickoff goes into the endzone for a touchback.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

and lets comment on the game as if its happening in the Mandela universe complete with Leaders play updates

 LOL. They're actually not game updates. They're chronicalling whats occured in the game. 

Yes, yes I know - "But we're all watching the game!

Well then there's no need for these brilliant observations which are unattached to *any* actual game action is there? 

Gee, that sucks!
WOW - look at that!
Damn. We stink.
Bad tackle.
Look at that lousy pass coverage!

We all saw it didnt we? No need to comment on it eh?  Ha!  Too funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leader said:

 LOL. They're actually not game updates. They're chronicalling whats occured in the game. 

Yes, yes I know - "But we're all watching the game!

Well then there's no need for these brilliant observations which are unattached to *any* actual game action is there? 

Gee, that sucks!
WOW - look at that!
Damn. We stink.
Bad tackle.
Look at that lousy pass coverage!

We all saw it didnt we? No need to comment on it eh?  Ha!  Too funny.

I was saying it fondly

i think you misinterpretted the intent of my post

i think it would be funny if we all posted as if the packers were playing the chiefs.

and you could post the play updates and fake twitter stuff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malfatron said:

I was saying it fondly. i think you misinterpretted the intent of my post

Perhaps so.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

and you could post the play updates and fake twitter stuff.

I dont post fake twitter stuff. I post comments attributed to named sources about the game...yes, that we're all watching. Find it interesting...or dont. Not a concern of mine. It's just another take on the game action....which is what a GDT is all about.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Perhaps so.

I dont post fake twitter stuff. I post comments attributed to named sources about the game...yes, that we're all watching. Find it interesting...or dont. Not a concern of mine. It's just another take on the game action....which is what a GDT is all about.  

well obviously you would have to make up the twitter posts for the packers in the super bowl...never mind lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, JBURGE said:

Don't be so hard on @Leader. In 3 years when you guys go back and read these GDTs, because of him, you'll know what play we were all reacting to. 

True @Leadership is always years ahead of its time

Ain’t no damn body going back and reading GDTs of 37 point smack downs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, Leader said:

 LOL. They're actually not game updates. They're chronicalling whats occured in the game. 

Yes, yes I know - "But we're all watching the game!

Well then there's no need for these brilliant observations which are unattached to *any* actual game action is there? 

Gee, that sucks!
WOW - look at that!
Damn. We stink.
Bad tackle.
Look at that lousy pass coverage!

We all saw it didnt we? No need to comment on it eh?  Ha!  Too funny.

HUGE difference:  If you're sitting with others in front of a TV watching a game, you might say "wow what a catch!", but you won't say "5:43 27 yard TD pass from Rodgers to Adams".  Well, maybe YOU would, but I doubt anyone else on the planet would.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

HUGE difference:  If you're sitting with others in front of a TV watching a game, you might say "wow what a catch!", but you won't say "5:43 27 yard TD pass from Rodgers to Adams".  Well, maybe YOU would, but I doubt anyone else on the planet would.

Yeah I was going to say this and let it go, some people use this as a place to chat like we're together. Or to vent like they might yell at the TV, is it pointless? Well sure. But so is it when you say it out loud to friends. And yeah nobody ever just repeats exactly what happens. Doesn't bother me though because I miss **** all the time going to smoke or whatever but I get why it seems odd. I've never seen it anywhere else that I remember. But I've seen tons of people do score and stats updates like they're getting paid to do it over the years

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t mind Leader’s weird update things when it’s good news.  I just hate watching us **** ourselves and then have to read about it after I watched us **** ourselves.  
 

He might as well say, “5:47 left in the third quarter, 17 Sundays of hopes and dreams just got ****ing obliterated here’s a reminder of what happened.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...