Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Attitude, injuries and inconsistent effort. Has all the tools in the world but hasn't bothered to put it all together. Not sure how long he'll last here tho. I like taking the chance due to what he could be but I have my doubts. Always a fan of throwing darts at the board.

Fun fact when you Google. Apparently his older brother is Landon Collins. 

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I see what happened and what the confusion is. SIS meant to type "Pass Break Up" and instead they typed "Drop"

They are definitely grading the WRs pretty harshly here.  A good number of these are "plays that could've been made" for the QB.  Call em drops, call em great defensive plays.

Fact is, they are saying GB left more plays out there on the field than other teams.  Could be there's some bias here because they are grading the throws too leniently.  For sure.

Could be that the WRs didn't have a strong year either.  Wouldn't doubt that one bit.  Even if you think there's skew here, it's a really tough look for the receiving group compared to the league's other receiving groups.

18 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

They are definitely grading the WRs pretty harshly here.  A good number of these are "plays that could've been made" for the QB.  Call em drops, call em great defensive plays.

Fact is, they are saying GB left more plays out there on the field than other teams.  Could be there's some bias here because they are grading the throws too leniently.  For sure.

Could be that the WRs didn't have a strong year either.  Wouldn't doubt that one bit.  Even if you think there's skew here, it's a really tough look for the receiving group compared to the league's other receiving groups.

You're assuming benevolence and a standard of excellence.

This tracks a lot more like they just got into business for themselves and are running some click bait stuff on QBs of big fanbases (if you think this was harsh on the receivers, the piece they did on Wentz was way worse) to drum up followers and clicks. 

You can look at the video and see for yourself half of what they called drops aren't legit. 

Even after posting close to 20 plays of drops, they still aren't anywhere near 600 yards. 

1 hour ago, Hawkfan191 said:

might be the Baltimore connection via Packers Director of Football Operations,  Milt Hendrickson

Willis signed with the Baltimore Ravens following the draft, spent training camp with the team but was released at final roster cutdowns.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Attitude, injuries and inconsistent effort. Has all the tools in the world but hasn't bothered to put it all together. Not sure how long he'll last here tho. I like taking the chance due to what he could be but I have my doubts. Always a fan of throwing darts at the board.

He's Landon Collins' brother and if you remember how pissed off their mother was at Landon picking Bama, just imagine the stranglehold she tried to put on little brother.  His recruitment was a mess and he wound up going to Florida and then Miami.  Who knows what would've happened if she had let him breathe.

Ryan Wood - Packers coach Matt LaFleur: "In my mind, Aaron is by far the best quarterback I've ever been around. You can argue, I think he's the best to every play the game. I hope he plays until he decides he doesn't want to play the game anymore."

Peter Bukowski - Gutey and MLF do not sound like guys who think Tramon Williams is coming back. Each are asked about the nickel position and Tramon. Each say some version of "We love our guys" before mentioning Chandon Sullivan.

Ross Uglem -  Gutekunst mentions that the Packers have a number of WR ready to make the second and third-year jumps.

Rob Demovsky -  So, in a nutshell, here’s why Brian Gutekunst didn’t take a receiver: He said early in the draft, they couldn’t get high enough to take one of the top guys and then in the middle he “didn’t think there was anybody who could make an impact on our roster this year.” Then he rattled off Allen Lazard, EQ St. Brown, Devin Funchess, MVS, Malik Taylor and CFL signee Reggie Begelton among others as “guys pushing for playing time and production.”

Zach Kruse -  LaFleur on Aaron Rodgers: "I hope he can play here until he decides he doesn't want to play anymore."

Lily Zhao -  Brian Gutekunst said he has confidence in the guys in house with Allen Lazard and EQ coming back, along with the signing of Devin Funchess.

Just now, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -   Matt LaFleur said the Packers will try to use Josiah Deguara in the Kyle Juszczyk role.

It's a smart play. Juszczyk is arguably the most important player in their offense for what they want to do. Makes sense we'd want to duplicate it.

• Like 2

Andy Herman -   Matt LaFleur: Compliment Gutey and his staff and the work that they put in. They are as good as any scouting staff that I've been around. The time, the effort, the thoroughness, just really proud of the support they provided for us.

Ryan Wood -  Packers GM Brian Gutekunst on WR: "We really like the group of receivers we have. We feel like we have some guys who are coming into our own. ... There's been some question of whether we're trying to transition into more of a running offense, I don't think that's it at all."