Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Might be a silly question but does Daniels have the capability to reinvent his game and turn himself into a run stopping nose tackle? He's a big little dude with excellent hand fighting techniques and we all know he has no problems getting leverage. He's a proven NFL defensive lineman.

I say nose tackle because it may the only position Pettine would be willing to sacrifice some height in. The defensive end (Daniels normal position) has to be tall and long. As a run stopper he would only be on the field for a limited number of plays and that in turn would help lower the risk of him getting injured.

Not even in his prime. That's not his game. He would also probably last about 40 snaps taking that beating before getting hurt again. 

Also NT isn't the problem. It's DE.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not even in his prime. That's not his game. He would also probably last about 40 snaps taking that beating before getting hurt again. 

Also NT isn't the problem. It's DE.

If we get a  street free agent NT we can shift Clark to DE then we would have a solid base for obvious rushing downs. Clark can move back to NT on passing downs?

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think you’re right. I’d rather gamble on Jackson and Sullivan in the secondary rather than Adams, Lowry and Lancaster on the line. 

There was also some talk that Savage could play some slot corner.  We're probably deep enough in the secondary to survive without Tramon.  He was a good last year, but at that age he could fall off a cliff at any moment. 

I'm not sure if Snacks is necessarily the guy, but the Packers need a quality fatty that can stop the run .. seems like a critical need to me.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, IDL is the much bigger need when you look at our roster. I'd choose Daniels over Tramon right now if it was one or the other. 

I pick the guy that can stay on the field and make a difference. To me, that would be our 3rd best CB from last year.

Who plays CB#3 if Tramon isn't re-signed ?  Yea

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I suppose Sullivan or Jackson.  Sullivan played well last year .. Jackson needs an opportunity.  I think Gute also name dropped Darnell Savage.  

The defense is already up against it. I'm not rolling with any of those options for CB#3 if I'm the GM

35 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Out of curiosity, if we can only sign Snacks or Tramon, which one would you choose? 

Tramon easy. #3 corner without him is Sulivan/Hollmon/Jackson. Although I have hope someone might develop, that is really worrisome.

I don't see a ton of value in adding Snacks. He's a NT that doesn't add any pass rush ability. We have that in Lancaster already and he's cheap (and graded higher last year). Do we just want to have an occasion 3 plug DT package for 1 team (SF) like back in 2010 (Raji, Howard, Pickett)