Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Are we giving up too early on Dean Lowry ?Hes turning 26 in June and has 3 seasons of significant snaps. I’m not saying he’s a superstar in the making , but he’s played a lot of ball earkyD not always the best, but average ball at times 

I'm fine with Lowry. It's Lancaster that's the issue. If we upgraded him, we'd be okay on the DL. 

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t Lancaster grade fairly well vs the run the year before last?

You are not wrong.

Lowry, Lancaster and Adams were all better in 2018. They played a lot, too. They were with Clark in 4-man rotation when Daniels went down in week eleven (11), I think, and the starters when Clark went down in week fourteen (14). They played well in those games.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

You are not wrong.

Lowry, Lancaster and Adams were all better in 2018. They played a lot, too. They were with Clark in 4-man rotation when Daniels went down in week eleven (11), I think, and the starters when Clark went down in week fourteen (14). They played well in those games.

If one of them hit this year that would be great 

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If one of them hit this year that would be great 

Lowry just needs to play like he did in 2018.  Lancaster is a try hard who has probably already peaked skills wise. Adams has been a 3rd round bust who either really jumps in TC or he's probably unemployed in favor of Keke and Hester, who has been a better player the last 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Lancaster is a try hard who has probably already peaked skills wise. Adams has been a 3rd round bust.

Lancaster has talent; he's an athletic 315 pounder. I don't see how he's already peaked?!?

To blanketly call Adams a bust is not insightful. When healthy and getting PT, he produced like he did the 2nd half of 2018. When not healthy, he's been bad. So, injured players are busts?

33 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Lancaster has talent; he's an athletic 315 pounder. I don't see how he's already peaked?!?

To blanketly call Adams a bust is not insightful. When healthy and getting PT, he produced like he did the 2nd half of 2018. When not healthy, he's been bad. So, injured players are busts?

I don’t really remember Adams’ injury history but it doesn’t give me much hope how Adams couldn’t get on the field more especially since outside of Clark, nobody was playing particularly well.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

Adams hasn't shown an ounce of progression in 3 years. He was so bad last year that he was pushed to basement of the depth chart and even Keke started taking his snaps. He's playing at the level of an UDFA/fringe NFL roster player. He's got one more chance but don't be surprised if Hester takes his roster spot because they're similar players. I hope he makes it because he's talented and our DL needs the boost, but at this point, he's just fighting for a job.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t really remember Adams’ injury history but it doesn’t give me much hope how Adams couldn’t get on the field more especially since outside of Clark, nobody was playing particularly well.

He hurt his shoulder W2 against the vikes. He was toast after that... Packers should have IRed him and signed someone like Pennel- they brought him in for a visit... One little move like that would have made a difference last year.

This is Adams' last year under team control. If doesn't play well in preseason or show he can compete if he's dinged up, he's gone. But he has shown he can play.

We saw Lowry, Lancaster and Adams all play well the last three games in 2018 when they were the three starters after Daniels and Clark were done for the year. So we know they all can play well. It just has to be schemed up properly.

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Adams hasn't shown an ounce of progression in 3 years. 

Shees, that is so wrong, and I don't get it. You spend a lot of time following the Packers. How can you not know how well he played at the end of 2018 is confusing... I can see it from some dude sitting on a bar stool at Lolly's in Marinette who doesn't follow the Packers past game time. But, for someone like you who thoroughly follows the Packers, it doesn't make sense.

I happen to know Adams' numbers for 2018; I've been talking about them for a year... So, please tell me how in 173 snaps over the last eight (8) games in 2018. 18T, 3TFL,1.5Sk & 1FF equals "not showing an ounce of progression in 3 years"?