Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The biggest thing to worry about is Adams having a hell of a year in a contract year and us feeling the need to re-sign him.

When it comes to DL and EDGE, you gotta ignore contract years completely and entirely in 99/100 cases or you end up paying Nick Perry.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Shees, that is so wrong, and I don't get it. You spend a lot of time following the Packers. How can you not know how well he played at the end of 2018 is confusing... I can see it from some dude sitting on a bar stool at Lolly's in Marinette who doesn't follow the Packers past game time. But, for someone like you who thoroughly follows the Packers, it doesn't make sense.

I happen to know Adams' numbers for 2018; I've been talking about them for a year... So, please tell me how in 173 snaps over the last eight (8) games in 2018. 18T, 3TFL,1.5Sk & 1FF equals "not showing an ounce of progression in 3 years"?

Because in 2019, he was as bad as he was in 2017. He bordered on unplayable.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The biggest thing to worry about is Adams having a hell of a year in a contract year and us feeling the need to re-sign him.

When it comes to DL and EDGE, you gotta ignore contract years completely and entirely in 99/100 cases or you end up paying Nick Perry.

we should really be paying only 1 year contracts so we get the best performance possible

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

We saw Lowry, Lancaster and Adams all play well the last three games in 2018 when they were the three starters after Daniels and Clark were done for the year. So we know they all can play well. It just has to be schemed up properly.

Are we referring to the the final 3 weeks of the 2018 season? If so, let's recap:No TFLs, no Sacks for the Adams-Lancaster-Lowry trio.

Week 15 = Chicago 24-GB 17.

The Trubisky-led Bears rush for 100 yards and Mitchell passes for 235 yards, 2 TDs and no picks.

Adams had 1/2 a sack, none for Lancaster or Lowry and no TFLs among the trio, though Lancaster did lead the team with 5 unassisted tackles.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/12/16/chicago-bears-mitch-trubisky-picks-apart-green-bay-packers-his-terms/2317515002/

Week 16 = GB 44-NY Jets 38.

Rookie Sam Darnold throws for 345 yards, 3TDs and no picks for the 4-11 Jets. His 128.4 QB rating is a season high.

No TFLs, no Sacks for the Adams-Lancaster-Lowry trio.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/12/23/live-updates-analysis-score-green-bay-packers-new-york-jets/2401578002/

Week 17 = Detroit 31-GB 0.

Somebody named Zack Zenner rushes for 93 yards (4.4 YPC) and the Lions as a team gain 130 yards. Stafford throws for 266, 2TDs, and no picks for the 5-10 (entering the game) Lions. "With good protection from his offensive line, Stafford completely dissected the Packers’ depleted secondary."

No TFLs, no Sacks for the Adams-Lancaster-Lowry trio. Lowry had 2 passes defensed.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/1/1/18163852/detroit-lions-week-17-5-game-ball-candidates-vs-packers/comment/500415845

Given that these were meaningless games to play out the season and the D did not really stand out against two bad teams and a good team with a mediocre offense, can anyone really be certain that in the final 3 games of 2018 Adams, Lancaster, and Lowry proved they could "play well" collectively in the NFL?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Gosh, Pettine frickin sucks.  So terrified we show up and creep into the top 10 in scoring defense in the regular season this year and Kyler Murray rushes for 125 and passes for 350 against us in the wild card round.

It would happen if they could make it to the playoffs. Tough division + terrible defense. Their offense will be fun to watch though. 

CHTV - 2020 projections...

• Week 1 @ Minnesota: L 20-10
  • Week 2 vs Detroit: W 35-28
  • Week 3 @ New Orleans L 38-21
  • Week 4 vs Atlanta (MNF): W 31-24
  • Week 5 Bye
  • Week 6 @ Tampa Bay: L 30-27
  • Week 7 @ Houston: W 27-24
  • Week 8 vs Minnesota: W 20-14
  • Week 9 @ San Francisco: L 41-20
  • Week 10 vs Jacksonville: W 34-14
  • Week 11 @ Indianapolis W 21-20
  • Week 12 vs Chicago W 24-21
  • Week 13 vs Philadelphia W 27-23
  • Week 14 @ Detroit W 28-24
  • Week 15 vs Carolina W 31-14
  • Week 16 vs Tennessee L 24-17
  • Week 17 @ Chicago L 21-17

2020 record 10-6 wildcard birth.

For me it'd be:

• Week 1 @ Minnesota: W
  • Week 2 vs Detroit: W
  • Week 3 @ New Orleans L
  • Week 4 vs Atlanta (MNF): W
  • Week 5 Bye
  • Week 6 @ Tampa Bay: W
  • Week 7 @ Houston: W
  • Week 8 vs Minnesota: W
  • Week 9 @ San Francisco: L
  • Week 10 vs Jacksonville: W
  • Week 11 @ Indianapolis W
  • Week 12 vs Chicago W
  • Week 13 vs Philadelphia W
  • Week 14 @ Detroit W
  • Week 15 vs Carolina W
  • Week 16 vs Tennessee W
  • Week 17 @ Chicago W

14-2 1st seed.

58 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

If there are no fans at the opener in Minneapolis, will they still blow that damn horn?  It would be nice if I didn't have to hear that this year.

I’ll pay anyone $250 crypto and another 250 incog dollars to sneak in and disable the stupid horn for that game!

• Like 1