Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Let me turn that question around, why wouldn't you ? :)

Or a better question is, who is OT 3 on the current roster ?
I'm not seeing anybody with NFL game experience as a back- up OT.... and no Billy Turner doesn't count - at best he's an emergency option

Right now, I think Alex Light is the OT that comes in first.  He is the most experienced, and expensive, of the back-ups not named Lucas Patrick (assuming that Taylor is moved at some point). 

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

we wont.

for other reasons

Yes!!!  @incognito_man it looks like we have our first candidate for Viking horn destruction (more likely just ‘temporarily disabled’).  All hopes are on you Malfatron!  We do need some back-up candidates if you fail, are incarcerated, or KIA.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

thanks for the illumination, greatly appreciated. I'll cool my jets

Geez, I'm going crazy out there by the lake

Just not enough distractions happening this year.  We would normally be looking at the second month of the baseball season, and just getting a feel for which teams are probably good and bad.  Hockey would have ended like a week or two ago.  This is a normal down time for the NFL anyway.  In a normal year, we would still just be getting Rashan Gary running around, and Mike Daniels breaking stuff in his back yard as our "football news."  

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

What are these guys waiting for ? They could be/should be Packers soon instead of sitting at home and getting fatter
Wait....that getting fatter part is what I'm doing

Come on down guys, each of them completes their respective Rooms for 2020
Damon Snacks Harrison & Jared Veldheer. Tramon would probably be cool too, but he ain't getting fat.

What's the holdup ?

AP_20001606377863J-e1578088381840-1024x6

Turner has great pad level in this shot.

16 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Ok, revised offer:  I’ll pay $250 in mixed crypto (bitcoin, BC cash, litecoin, and ethereum), AND, Incognito will pay $3,400 (one incog point), for the first man, woman, or child to sneak in and disable the heinous, moronic, wretched Viking horn ahead of the week one matchup.

Done.  I went over during my lunch and cut the damn cord on that horn.  I believe I've fulfilled the parameters of the offered contract.

The way those chumbalones were yelling though....they probably are going to fix it soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Done.  I went over during my lunch and cut the damn cord on that horn.  I believe I've fulfilled the parameters of the offered contract.

The way those chumbalones were yelling though....they probably are going to fix it soon.

I applaud your efforts (and the use of the word "chumbalones").  For the contract to be fulfilled, we need two things:  evidence of actions taken to disable the horn (video evidence preferred), and proof of success - which we won't know until game-time.  Now that you've successfully penetrated the glass fortress, you have some valuable intel that I'm sure will serve you well when the time comes to achieve the goal.  My advice would be to wait until the night before the game for your next covert action to take place. Yours truly, Captain Obvious.

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Let me turn that question around, why wouldn't you ? :)

Or a better question is, who is OT 3 on the current roster ?
I'm not seeing anybody with NFL game experience as a back- up OT.... and no Billy Turner doesn't count - at best he's an emergency option

Cause it’s an extra body we aren’t going to carry into the season. Limited resources.

I’m not sure how they’re going to navigate that PS cause of the new game day activation rule but you have to assume we’re going to be bringing a few with us after the 53. That means we have quite a few more options than usual with the line. Think they can afford to go lighter there than usual because of the versatility that new rule allows. 

If the Packers keep Taylor on the roster I think that points to their confidence with Turner kicking outside. It’s Bak, Wagner, then Turner, ...then Light? Obviously not ideal. I get it

Im not opposed to a mid season deal... I just don’t see how they do it to start. 

On 5/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, Outpost31 said:

Gosh, Pettine frickin sucks.  So terrified we show up and creep into the top 10 in scoring defense in the regular season this year and Kyler Murray rushes for 125 and passes for 350 against us in the wild card round.

I totally get that Pettine's style can be super grating, and he absolutely did get handled by the 49ers, but on the season, the defense played pretty well. Especially in the Division games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I totally get that Pettine's style can be super grating, and he absolutely did get handled by the 49ers, but on the season, the defense played pretty well. Especially in the Division games. 

Time to take that step up for the defense.  Smith "brothers" have a year under their belt ... Gary, Keke, etc too.  Pettine overall did ok but when the big boys play run the ball, got to figure it out!

20 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Just not enough distractions happening this year.  We would normally be looking at the second month of the baseball season, and just getting a feel for which teams are probably good and bad.  Hockey would have ended like a week or two ago.  This is a normal down time for the NFL anyway.  In a normal year, we would still just be getting Rashan Gary running around, and Mike Daniels breaking stuff in his back yard as our "football news."  

We’d also have had The Masters, gearing up for the us open, Indy 500, horse racing the Olympics and every other ESPN 8 “the ocho” sport out there!

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, they did play really well against Matt Stafford, David Blough, Mitch Trubisky and Kirk Cousins twice. 

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, they did play really well against Matt Stafford, David Blough, Mitch Trubisky and Kirk Cousins twice. 

There are 3 games of competent starters on that list. As much as we like to laugh at the Vikings, that was a good offense this year.