Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

A lesson in why you never rest starters or don't try to win.  If the Bears had won that game, they might have been in or even won the Super Bowl. 

I think you have to balance it and be smart, but it can definitely hurt your team. It killed us in 2011 when we basically took off Week 17, then had a bye, then tried to play football against a hot Giants team after not playing for 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

“I’d definitely love to go back to Green Bay. That’s my home. I’ve been there when I played there for seven years, I had a really stellar career there and that’s definitely a team I would love to go back to.”

Mike Daniels

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

“I’d definitely love to go back to Green Bay. That’s my home. I’ve been there when I played there for seven years, I had a really stellar career there and that’s definitely a team I would love to go back to.”

Mike Daniels

K

Mike Pettine

Just now, packfanfb said:

If he's cheap why not? I'm sure Pettine can look past his shortness when he looks at the current state of our DL tries not to throw up.

I don't see Daniels personality and the new leaders of the defense jiving, unless Daniels tones it down to fit in. Now Clay and his "bro" persona I think would fit right in the current locker room.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see Daniels personality and the new leaders of the defense jiving, unless Daniels tones it down to fit in. Now Clay and his "bro" persona I think would fit right in the current locker room.

I'm wondering if his tone would be the same as a situational DL making $2m instead of $10m. Also, I don't necessarily think he and Z are much different. Z a little more easy going off the field but just as much of a dog on it. 

Andy Herman -

Rodgers on the surprise of the Love pick:

"It does change the controllables a little bit because as much as I feel confident in my abilities - there are some new factors that are out of my control. As much as I understand the organization's future outlook - at the same time I still believe in myself and have a strong desire to play into my 40's - not sure how that works together at this point."

lol of course ESPN's bottom line spins the comments without going in-depth at all. They really are turning into the TMZ of sports coverage.

Literally the only thing they had was "Quarterback 'not thrilled' with pick" and (about Love) "he didn't ask to get drafted by the Packers." 

Edited by beekay414

How do you not list the Packers in here? We were 13-3 last year yet were labeled a "bad" 13-3 team all season long (underappreciated factor) (something Rodgers brings up all the time). We were one game away from the Super Bowl (hunger factor). Moreover, we're coming off an off-season where everyone outside of the organization is questioning our moves and basically saying we haven't done enough to get over the hump (and can't get there with what we have); in fact, plenty of pundits aren't even picking us to win the North (disrespect factor). 

There should be one helluva chip on our shoulder. 

*Note: I love the underdog mentality anyways so I'm fine with this, but it's funny how consistently the Packers are overlooked or ignored.

• Like 2