Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Here are all these other teams with more explosive and more talented receivers over the last 20 years and the only dynasty over that time has been the team that has been inconsistently good to unspectacular  at receiver.... 

Yeah but "all the garbage Rodgers has been given means he can't be good" crowd wouldn't have an argument anymore so I doubt that's gonna fly

Lane Taylor took a pay cut to stay with the Packers. 

Taylor will get a $100,000 signing bonus and total pay of $1.5 million, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. Taylor had been due a base salary of $3.8 million this season, but it was not guaranteed and he likely would have been released if he hadn’t agreed to the new deal.

ProFootballTalk : Lane Taylor takes pay cut to stay with Packers

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/30/lane-taylor-takes-pay-cut-to-stay-with-packers/

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

Once again I called it.  You just don’t cut serviceable OL in this league.  To everyone who was calling for us to cut Linsley, Bulaga, etc over the years, let this be a lesson for you and stop doing stupid things in your mock drafts.

There are 12 teams in the league right now where Taylor would be an upgrade at guard as a starter.  If you can have that level as a backup you’re in good shape.

Packers might not have the most talent on OL, but they’re definitely among the top 5, and right now they are among the top 3 as far as depth.  

• Like 1

I called it too.  SO many laughed at it when I said he would be traded or retained, why would anyone cut a starting quality O-Lineman?

The Packers may have tried to move him, teams instead hoped they would indeed cut him.   This is a good retain by the Packers, and he could get moved yet.  I'd rather move Turner.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I called it too.  SO many laughed at it when I said he would be traded or retained, why would anyone cut a starting quality O-Lineman?

Not sure why people are saying they "called this".  Players don't usually give up money.  He took a paycut to ensure he stayed with the Packers.  That's not something anyone could have projected.  @Donzo is right on this one.  This was about Lane Taylor wanting to remain in Green Bay.  Nothing more.