Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

19 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But the only ones that really mattered were Adams, Savage and Bulaga.  I like Savage, but the games that he missed were the Lions game and the Raiders game.  We didn't really miss him in either contest.  Bulaga had a very good replacement.  It has been pointed out that the offense was actually better in the games where Adams was out.  

I believe that we got a full season out of the Tonyan-Sternberger combo.  And that is the 3rd TE. 

Most of our games lost were quite inconsequential.  

Again, it was a healthy season. I'm not disputing that just a couple more could have been added is all.

One caveat in that I'm not sure Savage wasn't the same after that Ankle injury.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Again, it was a healthy season. I'm not disputing that just a couple more could have been added is all.

One caveat in that I'm not sure Savage wasn't the same after that Ankle injury.

I would agree that Savage was better at the beginning of the season.  I do think that the rookie wall is a real thing though, and kind of expected that a bit anyway.  I am not worried about Savage at all.  

36 minutes ago, deathstar said:

It’s strange to minimize the injuries we did have because our depth was strong. 

The depth was not strong at all positions. There were other years where injuries did not hit the positions that we did have depth at, and instead hit the positions we were thin at.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:28 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Which team was better:  2007 Packers or 2019 Packers?

IMO both were "lucky" and were good teams with great records.

I feel like the '07 team legit grew into its record as far as being a really good team. Favre pulled some wins out of his butt early, but they had better WR talent, a very good defense, MVP-caliber QB play and a top-10 caliber D. The '07 team was out-and-out handling people by with 7 10+ pt wins down the stretch (and, uh, a 10 pt loss in Dallas and absolute disgrace in Chicago). The '11 team was playing squeakers all the way to the end. 

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you honestly think that we were middle of the pack in terms of WAR lost to injury last year? Don't be ridiculous. 

So Football Outsiders has a lot of info justifying why they believe we were middle of the pack. What do you have?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Cool to see these former players advance in the player personnel side of the team 

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-announce-player-personnel-department-changes

My personal take from that is that Brandian Ross' name is pronounced Brandon. I've literally read it as "Brandy in" every time I've read it in my life. I probably still will. 

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but hoping for some visibility:

For anyone interested, I'm taking part in an All NFL Draft on the GM Mock Drafts forum. We're going to be doing a snake style draft and building our own teams including coaches. I've done it in the past and it's been a lot of fun and helps learn about the state of talent in the league and different positions and on different teams. Disclaimer, this process usually takes about a month or so depending on the number of participants and how much people are able to stay on top of time schedules. If anyone's interested check it out! 

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Cool to see these former players advance in the player personnel side of the team 

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-announce-player-personnel-department-changes

Cool and not cool at the same time. We'll never see a Gutey or Schneider again. Both WIAC guys that pounded the pavement until they got an internship. I interviewed for an internship back when I left my university after running the recruiting department for 4 seasons, Charlie Peprah got it. It's all about who you know now.

• Like 3