Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

PackersWire -  While the selection of Jordan Love in the first round of the 2020 draft complicates the path forward, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers remains committed to doing everything in his power to play into his 40s.

During a conference call with reporters last month, Rodgers admitted “new factors” are now “out of his control” and finishing his career with the Packers – the team that drafted him in 2005 – “may not be a reality at this point,” but his goal of playing into his 40s remains unchanged.

“I respect (the Packers looking out for the future), at the same time I still believe in myself and I have a strong desire to play into my 40s.”

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

wow didn't know he was back in the organization. him and demetri goodson 

I didn’t realize Goodson was a scout now. Kind of makes sense when you consider how much they must have liked him to keep him around as a player all those years. He was also a little older than most guys coming into the league, IIRC. 

• Like 1

Packers . Com -  The Packers Pro Shop will reopen to in-store shopping on Monday, June 15, the Packers announced today. The Pro Shop will be using retail-sector, back-to-business precautionary guidelines offered by Brown County Public Health, the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and the CDC to maximize safety in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Closed since March 19 due to the pandemic, the store will now be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Sunday, using only the entrances off Lombardi Avenue on the north side of the Lambeau Field Atrium. One set of doors will be marked for entrance and another set will be marked for exit.

Among the precautionary guidelines being employed at the store are social distancing, mask wearing by staff, closed fitting rooms, hand sanitizer at entrances and check-out registers. Additionally, plexiglass barriers are in place at the checkout registers and the area will be wiped down after each guest completes their purchase.

The Packers Pro Shop strongly suggests that guests also wear masks out of respect to store team members and other shoppers.

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

You have to wonder if MLF was brought in to quietly move on from Rodgers and transform the identity of the team in the process. We're already seeing that from this past year's draft and I strongly suspect we'll have similar frustrations during next year's draft...

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

You have to wonder if MLF was brought in to quietly move on from Rodgers and transform the identity of the team in the process. We're already seeing that from this past year's draft and I strongly suspect we'll have similar frustrations during next year's draft...

If the identity of the team is altered and it continues to be successful....I dont see where the frustrations come from.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leader said:

If the identity of the team is altered and it continues to be successful....I dont see where the frustrations come from.

Obviously, but if our run defense is still crap, which it will be this season, and we go through another draft and FA period in which it's not addressed....

17 hours ago, Joe said:

MLF was hired for his character and his ideas. 

Just so happens that his ideas are far different from our "old normal" with Mac.

Obviously the team will change to fit the coaches identity.  Rodger's play on the field will determine when they move on from him.

Forget about this past draft, the club took a guy that was highest ranked on their board.  And you can't fault them for that.  It's a QB with a first round grade who doesn't have to play right away.  The "other" side of this is if Rodgers gets injured this year or next year, you have to think that Love can finish and spot start games better than anything we've had on the roster since Matt Flynn.

Honestly, I wouldn't be reading the tea leaves too deeply concerning MLF and culture.  It is a very natural thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

MLF was hired for his character and his ideas. 

Just so happens that his ideas are far different from our "old normal" with Mac.

Obviously the team will change to fit the coaches identity.  Rodger's play on the field will determine when they move on from him.

Forget about this past draft, the club took a guy that was highest ranked on their board.  And you can't fault them for that.  It's a QB with a first round grade who doesn't have to play right away.  The "other" side of this is if Rodgers gets injured this year or next year, you have to think that Love can finish and spot start games better than anything we've had on the roster since Matt Flynn.

Honestly, I wouldn't be reading the tea leaves too deeply concerning MLF and culture.  It is a very natural thing.

Actually, I was talking about the two picks afterwards followed by the IOL extravaganza that happened on Day 3. I don't think that was unintentional.