Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I haven’t followed training camp at all really. Will there be reporters and stuff there and will we be getting updates etc.?

The expectation is that there will be reporters. Practices expected to start Aug 15. Nothing is set in stone this year though. 

13 hours ago, StartBarr said:

Some video of Jordan Love throwing passes, apparently working on arc & touch. I’m no QB evaluator and it’s not a ton of footage to go off of but anybody want to give their 3 cents on this?

First couple of throws into this...he's got a hitch.  He bounced twice before delivering the ball.  I also didn't like how he eyed the route down the entire time.  He should be able to drop, see the middle of the field and then just turn those hips and throw.

Ball comes out hot with him.  Really good spin, that's a long pass and it looked pretty effortless.

Watched the whole thing, he really likes to bounce two steps, then throw on farther routes.  Shorter routes, he planted and fired the ball nicely.

Love his drop.  It's quick and he's not standing too upright, nor is he too far bent over.  He looks like Wilson, like he's ready to move anywhere at anytime on his drop.

Looks like there is another little hitch in his throwing motion, besides the two hops.  Ball is near his ear during the drop, but then he lowers it to shoulder level then back up to ear level and beyond when throwing.  With a little coaching, that ball will come out a click faster when he doesn't need that little dip.  Keep it at shoulder level, then just fire.

Just what I saw.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

They will play. The question is how many games. 

Yeah if I had to guess I’d say like 6. But that’s part of why I’m not getting my hopes up. I’m not getting invested in a season only for it to end abruptly in October. I’ll take it as it comes