Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Pack also bring in 349lbs DT Daylon Mack, former 5th rounder of the Ravens (2019)

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/07/packers-host-tryout-for-c-justin-britt-dl-daylon-mack/ 

Mack would be interesting. A bit short, but a run plug type of player which we need. Actually had him in a few mocks, most had him around a 4th round grade. Hasn't caught on anywhere but may have some upside. Keke's former teammate.

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Mack would be interesting. A bit short, but a run plug type of player which we need. Actually had him in a few mocks, most had him around a 4th round grade. Hasn't caught on anywhere but may have some upside. Keke's former teammate.

Interesting Gute has brought in guys in pretty much positions that need addressing just not maybe the guy I would like/want but at least there is an acknowledgement of these are weakness areas and something looks like it is happening

On 9/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, packfanfb said:

Suffered a shoulder injury early on at Bama which set him back and he never got his head above water again. He was the No. 2 HS WR in the nation when he went to Bama. Certainly has raw talent. 

I care less about this than most but I know it comes up here a lot, so I'll point it out, he's already 26 years old.

Just now, Brit Pack said:

Interesting Gute has brought in guys in pretty much positions that need addressing just not maybe the guy I would like/want but at least there is an acknowledgement of these are weakness areas and something looks like it is happening

He's not going to make any veteran move before Week 1. We'll see if he does after Week 1. 

Just now, Norm said:

I care less about this than most but I know it comes up here a lot, so I'll point it out, he's already 26 years old.

He's the new Kumerow. My 2 cents, after about 3 weeks on the PS learning our offense, Foster should be promoted to replace Taylor. Foster is the better player. In fact, if Foster could replacate his second half of 2018, he might push for serious playing time. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's not going to make any veteran move before Week 1. We'll see if he does after Week 1. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Basically a direct, probably short-term replacement for Ento, but Nickerson has a few starts under his belt at least. 

I have a feeling both of those guys are probably placeholders for 2 signings after week 1 tbh. Gives ya a look-see during that time

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's the new Kumerow. My 2 cents, after about 3 weeks on the PS learning our offense, Foster should be promoted to replace Taylor. Foster is the better player. In fact, if Foster could replacate his second half of 2018, he might push for serious playing time. 

So what happened since the second half of 18? I see someone posted a video about him but I got some **** playing on YT on my TV at the moment so I can't watch it just yet.

Feels like a weird arc to get playing time late 18 and then its like nah, you don't get any time now. 

Granted, I did see that PFF said he got 17 targets last year, and only 3 were considered catchable, just Josh Allen things, he did catch all 3 of those though.

One of those nice guys to take a flier on, I wonder if he decided to come here based on the depth chart?

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I have a feeling both of those guys are probably placeholders for 2 signings after week 1 tbh. Gives ya a look-see during that time

Gotta think a vet OT is coming in especially with them cutting Light and keeping Nijman. Nijman didn't even get a camp this year, he's no closer to playing this year than he was last year. Should be on the PS and probably will be after a move.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Gotta think a vet OT is coming in especially with them cutting Light and keeping Nijman. Nijman didn't even get a camp this year, he's no closer to playing this year than he was last year. Should be on the PS and probably will be after a move.

I mean, it has to be Veldheer doesn't it? Or is he just done now?

We're a Kirksey injury away from having the most laughable ILB group in american football history. 

I still have to believe both those are coming.