Justin Britt
Tramon Williams
Clay Matthews
Nigel Bradham
Antwaun Woods
Jake Ryan
Donald Penn

some names out there 

Add Todd Davis and Snacks and you have a complete defense. Every other box is checked. 

Adding Veldheer is probably the smartest move at this time however. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Add Todd Davis and Snacks and you have a complete defense. Every other box is checked. 

Adding Veldheer is probably the smartest move at this time however. 

Instead of Snacks we've added Mack

Instead of Veldheer I think we're looking to add Britt.

As for another ILB, we don't need to bring anyone in just yet. Martin and Bolton will be available in 6 weeks. Right now Kirksey, Summers and Burks will do and we will bring Barnes off the PS if need be. I think that will tide us over for the next 6 weeks.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:48 PM, Chili said:

They probably kept hold of Light whilst they were assessing the injury situation for Wagner and Turner. Once they gathered enough information to allay their concerns then they obviously felt comfortable moving forward with letting Light go knowing they also have two project tackles to work with in Nijman and Johnson and to open up a PS spot for someone they wanted to bring in which turned out to be Mack for a position in desperate need of depth.

By the way Johnson is plenty athletic. Just watch some of the videos I posted further up this page, he looks a little lightweight but he moves around extremely well. His physical profile screams tackle, not guard. He only moved to guard in his senior year in college because they had another talented tackle on the team they wanted to incorporate to their offensive line. So being the good teammate he switched positions and I argue that by doing so and playing well in his new position showcased him in the eyes of scouts into an attractive versatile OL prospect, it's probably what helped landed him a UDFA contract when covid cancelled his pro day and threatened his shot in the NFL.

Stepaniak and Hanson are definitely interior guys, Runyan could still play tackle in the NFL but he does project best as a guard. That's 3 brand new interior players. Nijman is obviously an OT and it makes sense that the best way for Johnson to make the roster is to focus at OT as we do have a shortage of backups in this spot. We got rid of ALL the backup tackles, Light, Conway, Leglue, Bruffy, Madison, How could we not see Johnson as a tackle prospect after all these roster cuts. There's no doubt in my mind we see him as a versatile OL but who's main position is probably tackle despite his guard designation on the packers website.

You can keep saying it as much as you like, but the actions speak louder than words and the Packers professional actions say your words are wrong, and he's is an OG at the NFL level, and again had the worse one on one pass blocking drill record in the entire camp at less than 43% in a drill that favors the OL and they really should be getting at least 50% unless they're overmatched.

For comparison Hanson was at 58% and Runyan at an impressive 75%, which was slightly better than Jenkins (Jenkins probably went against starters almost everytime)

Also, I'm not 100% positive, but doesn't NDS have a history of starting guys at OT and then moving them to OG, if so then it's not that good teammate fluff you're pushing but because they know they're a running team and need to move those DTs, so if they have young OTs that might be able to handle it, they put the guys most likely to move someone at G because that's their focal point, is moving the other teams DL back, running the ball more often than they pass it.  And as you mentioned, this probably helps their chances at the next level as well.

12 hours ago, Chili said:

Instead of Snacks we've added Mack

Instead of Veldheer I think we're looking to add Britt.

As for another ILB, we don't need to bring anyone in just yet. Martin and Bolton will be available in 6 weeks. Right now Kirksey, Summers and Burks will do and we will bring Barnes off the PS if need be. I think that will tide us over for the next 6 weeks.

I agree, I'm thinking Britt, maybe they're waiting until after week 1 to sign him to get around veterans pay.

If they wanted Veldheer, they could of had him for 3 or 4 million, I'm thinking they're not interested for whatever reason.

I'm hoping Martin is back for week 4 or 5, his injury is supposed to be 6 weeks, but that was two weeks before the season started.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

He's is an OG at the NFL level, and again had the worse one on one pass blocking drill record in the entire camp at less than 43% in a drill that favors the OL and they really should be getting at least 50% unless they're overmatched.

For comparison Hanson was at 58% and Runyan at an impressive 75%, which was slightly better than Jenkins (Jenkins probably went against starters almost everytime)

Link?

I've seen the success rates mentioned, but no stats. I heard Taylor killed it and Light was bad. Nothing specific on Johnson. So, if you do have a link to the stats for all the linemen that would be great- TY

5 hours ago, Donzo said:

Link?

I've seen the success rates mentioned, but no stats. I heard Taylor killed it and Light was bad. Nothing specific on Johnson. So, if you do have a link to the stats for all the linemen that would be great- TY

Why, don't you trust me? :P

But I don't know how to post stuff from my cellphone on here anyways, and I'm barely on my computer any more. (is there a guide to how to do stuff on here?, Like how to clear the text box etc)

But glad Brat&Beer knows.

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Egwyws3WsAAndo-?format=jpg&name=medium

Thank you very much for posting that!

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Any idea on the matchups associated with those stats?

9-12 vs Zsmith, PSmith is different than vs players recently cut

If you watched the tweets and remember them, there is some, as generally 1st string matched up with 1st string, 2nd with 2nd, etc, not to say they didn't have some over lap. Though I don't think Z did too much, but Gary did in his place, and Light got some 1st team reps as they look at him as possible the top LT backup.

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

Why, don't you trust me? :P

But I don't know how to post stuff from my cellphone on here anyways, and I'm barely on my computer any more. (is there a guide to how to do stuff on here?, Like how to clear the text box etc)

But glad Brat&Beer knows...Thank you very much for posting that!

I believed ya. I just wanted to see the numbers.

Those stats use to be posted almost daily in previous years. This year is just a different setup.

32 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Camp one on ones are nice but I don’t think they’re very predictive. Too small sample size.

They're also not indicative of actual line play. You're practicing shooting and sitting. You'd have to watch each of those reps to really understand what's happening. If a guy whiffs or falls down that's an issue. If there's a bit of a battle and then a guy comes out on top you can really call it a draw. They're useful to see how a guy moves or works with his hands but as a bulk stat they're fairly meaningless. 

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Camp one on ones are nice but I don’t think they’re very predictive. Too small sample size.

It's not the end-all, but it's a quality test.

We've heard all the talking heads praising Taylor this year. The stats from this drill verify the praise.

Edited by Donzo
Timed out format
  • Like 1