Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, Chili said:

I was unable to watch the game in full and had to rely on crappy red zone coverage. (they completely ignored the Packers for most of the 2nd half). I've got a few questions:

Who were our gunners today?

Who played in Greene spot?

Who replaced Clark? Lancaster or Keke?

No idea for gunners there was only one punt, and either they didn't show much returns, or I wasn't paying attention during the returns.

If you mean who played the coverage ILB spot we were expecting Greene to play, ILBers Kirksey and Barnes were among the two leading tackles, so they actually played two ILBers instead of a Safety in a LB role most of the time. (Edit, I read Barnes might of only run 16 snaps, but he got a number of tackles, so did they target him? Either way, I believe it was him whom made a great open field tackle on a screen play, where if he missed, they had open field and blockers)

Lancaster replaced Clark, but also looked like a 5-2 (3-4 with the OLB up at the line) with Z Smith as a pass rushing NT, Lowry and Lancaster at the 3-4 DE roles.

Edited by Beast

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Matt LaFleur is now 15-4 and 7-0 in the division as a head coach.

But the Lions have always seemed to given us more troubles than they should, and I think that's true for the Patriots system (that the Lions run), did beats the Falcons and Rams in the Super Bowl against this system.

But Adrian Peterson with no Kenny Clark... and Packers had no answer for WR Kenny Golladay last year, before he got injured.

Packers often, MIGHT look decent passing the ball again, with the Lions DBs (I think), being among the weaker one in the NFL, at least they have been, I don't know about all their latest upgrades. The #3 overall pick CB missed this week's game.

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

thinking this means 1 good news, 2 bad news...

teams are quick to report good news slow to report bad news.  Hopefully clark didn't like pop the groin off the bone or anything catastrophic.

i mean he was walking off the field pretty normally. They'll take it slow with him. Doubt we see him until after the bye on 10/18 vs the Bucs

7 hours ago, Beast said:

But the Lions have always seemed to given us more troubles than they should, and I think that's true for the Patriots system (that the Lions run), did beats the Falcons and Rams in the Super Bowl against this system.

But Adrian Peterson with no Kenny Clark... and Packers had no answer for WR Kenny Golladay last year, before he got injured.

Packers often, MIGHT look decent passing the ball again, with the Lions DBs (I think), being among the weaker one in the NFL, at least they have been, I don't know about all their latest upgrades. The #3 overall pick CB missed this week's game.

Yea, don't sleep on the Lions. Angry team with a high-powered passing offense that should get Golladay back. We're going to have to score a lot of points again if Clark is out and the Lions stay ahead of the sticks. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i mean he was walking off the field pretty normally. They'll take it slow with him. Doubt we see him until after the bye on 10/18 vs the Bucs

Could be the case that they hold him out until after the Week 4 bye. If so, we better make a move there. Lowry-Lancaster-Keke isn't going to hold up against a good college team, let alone the Lions/Saints/Falcons. 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Could be the case that they hold him out until after the Week 4 bye. If so, we better make a move there. Lowry-Lancaster-Keke isn't going to hold up against a good college team, let alone the Lions/Saints/Falcons. 

We a little D-line hungry. Maybe it's time for some Snacks?