Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

why? He's not a FA until after 2021, and I really don't want to give WRs third contracts. They rarely live up to them.

Adams is probably a prime candidate for a contract restructure/extension next offseason if GB needs to find some more cap space.  Adams' contract expires after 2021, his cap hit for 2021 is $16.6M at age 28.   A 3-4 year extension that reduces the 2021 cap number puts him at 32-33 when that extension would be done.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

The Packers and Bakhtiari were about $4 million per year apart on a deal before the season, according to a source familiar the negotiations. Bakhtiari is seeking to match or exceed the $22 million per year that Houston's Laremy Tunsilmakes as the NFL's highest-paid tackle.”

Not over the moon about him wanting to be the top paid tackle but it is understandable. In theory I would be okay with this if it is a three year extension to his current deal. He should be able to keep his play up till he is 32.

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Adams is probably a prime candidate for a contract restructure/extension next offseason if GB needs to find some more cap space.  Adams' contract expires after 2021, his cap hit for 2021 is $16.6M at age 28.   A 3-4 year extension that reduces the 2021 cap number puts him at 32-33 when that extension would be done.   

This would be incredibly dumb. WR don't usually age well. The chances of him being worth that extension the whole way through are pretty low. I don't see throwing away back end years worth working down his cap number next year.

13 minutes ago, spilltray said:

This would be incredibly dumb. WR don't usually age well. The chances of him being worth that extension the whole way through are pretty low. I don't see throwing away back end years worth working down his cap number next year.

That type of deal seems ok for Adams. He’s not a speed guy he just runs great routes. Also as long as there’s a good out at the end of the extension and it’s front loaded we’d be ok. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

That type of deal seems ok for Adams. He’s not a speed guy he just runs great routes. Also as long as there’s a good out at the end of the extension and it’s front loaded we’d be ok. 

If it's front loaded you aren't doing an extension to free up space, and he's still going to have a drop off in that time.