Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

EQ's having a rough go of things......

With this year’s IR, all is not lost but this is a guy who needs to get a foot in the door soon. I hate the early bye but with the flexible IR and PS rules this year, maybe we can weather the storms that hopefully won’t happen.  Last year coach sacrificed his achilles  at the altar of good health, who will be willing to make the sacrifice in this cursed year?

Also, Lovett getting called up his 2nd time means next time we need to add him to the 53, correct?

Edited by Refugee

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

With this year’s IR, all is not lost but this is a guy who needs to get a foot in the door soon. I hate the early bye but with the flexible IR and PS rules this year, maybe we can weather the storms that hopefully won’t happen.  Last year coach sacrificed his achilles  at the altar of good health, who will be willing to make the sacrifice in this cursed year? Also, Lovett getting called up his 2nd time means next time we need to add him to the 53, correct?

His achilles was involved in last years injury? I've never gotten a good handle on exactly what went down.

I think EQ’s achilles was ok, but a nasty ankle sprain that required surgery kept him off of the initial 53 and thus on the IR for the year. 

I was only making a joke that LaFleur ceremoniously snapped his own tendon so as to satisfy the football gods hungry to take the health of our team. 

Edited by Refugee

20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Is Raven Greene finally going to suit up?  He's missed about 18 games in a row now.

Well there are going to be 7 inactive

Packers injury report has 1) WR St. Brown, 2) OG Taylor, 3) DT Clark 4) OLB Ramsey

5) QB Love will probably be inactive.

So just two inactive spots left, with DL Adams, S Greene, OL Patrick and OL Turner are questionable. And we only get 48 gameday roster spots if 8 OL are active, so if Patrick or Turner aren't active we lose a spot anyways, so it very well could be DL Adams and/or Greene for at least one spot, also there is newbie CB Nickerson

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The most Packers thing imaginable is if the Packers are like 14-0 and have secured home field advantage, then the season is postponed indefinitely due to the ongoing plague.

The Bucks did not have to imagine it, and they definitely were not the same after the restart.

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hate to say it, but I think we need to pay Aaron Jones.

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pay the man .. he's a huge factor in this offense and is still trending upward. 

I don't mind paying Aaron Jones... but if PFT's Mike Florio's information and numbers are correct (I'm not sure they are, but if they are), then franchise tagging a RB 3 straight times, might be cheaper than the going rate of a very good starting RB.... and while it'll surely piss off the RB, it gives the team more freedom (other than can't use the tag elsewhere, ie not on LT Bak or WR Adams... but it probably wouldn't make sense to use the tag on them as their positions have always been highly paid.

Where according to Florio's information, the franchise tag based on the new CBA takes in the last five high paid players at the position, for the past 5 year's averages of the cap and applies it to the current years cap... which RBs have not been paid that well in the last 5 years, and next year's cap is going down... which would make the RB franchise tag more affordable than franchise tags for most positions.

So while Aaron Jones seems like an amazing person, and I don't prefer to play hard ball with an amazing person... if it's clearly more affordable that way... then sometimes you got to do what you got to do. Though I think they'll get agreements done with Jones and Bak.... the question is at what price and how that'll limit their other options.

Could be some great one year prove it deals next year with teams not having as much cap space, for those with cap space... sadly Packers will be among the least.