Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Chubb has been better as a player than Barkley, I won't argue that. I just think Hunt is better than both, like you said, my opinion. Even if Chubb is the best back to come out the last 3 years (he is, except maybe Josh Jacobs and hard to say on CEH great scheme fit there). 

I'm not really taking away from Chubb

Both great RBs. I'd take Chubb, but it's close. He's a better runner. I think Chubb is capable as a receiver too (25 receptions in the first half last year before Hunt was active), but Hunt is better there

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Well scheme breaks it down a bit more. I would go with talent and there are really only 2 things an offense can do on a given play. Run it or pass it. A good team should cater to it's talent ala Lamar Jackson, no? I think the old Denver plug and play RB situation is slightly misleading is all and when you do get a tallented player you should try to keep him again money needs to hit value. It's an absolute crap shoot to believe we can just re draft it for a lower price. There are many teams that have not been able to draft a capable back as Jones. With that said Scheme may account for a portion of Jones's success but not all of it kid still has to hit the right hole, take the hit and make the play.

Just wanted to see your thought on that.

I think Jones is a plus player, absolutely. There's no question there's risk in trying to replace him. Odds are his replacement will be less valuable.

But I suspect the overall product would be better with his expected resources used elsewhere.

He's a weapon and I would love it if we can find a way to keep him that makes sense for our roster construction. I just have my doubts.

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think Jones is a plus player, absolutely. There's no question there's risk in trying to replace him. Odds are his replacement will be less valuable.

But I suspect the overall product would be better with his expected resources used elsewhere.

He's a weapon and I would love it if we can find a way to keep him that makes sense for our roster construction. I just have my doubts.

Agreed on that yes. it's value for the money. Here is where Green Bay set themselves apart usually is with their contracts and players. We have and draft good solid guys that are not always about getting the top contract. Yes some do but we do have some guys that have signed to be in GB for a decent price. Lets hope Jones is good that way would love him to stay not allot  of traction on those tires. But if he gets obscene money elsewhere i'll wish him the best. And as another posted noted he can take his ring with him:)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Green19 said:

McCarthy says “hello...”

It's so weird that McCarthy gets this rap of not using Jones well, when it was pretty clear Jones that couldn't stay healthy.  He played in 16 games last season, the first time in his career he was active for more than 12 (and he didn't finish 12 games in 2017 or 2018).  Jones was very productive when called on, and the team gave him just under 250 touches in his first two seasons despite his total inability to pass block and stay healthy.

Ben Fennell  -   Time to Attempt via PFF

2020 - Aaron Rodgers: 2.39 secs

Minimum 400 dropbacks:
2019 - Rodgers: 2.74 (23rd/26th)
2018 - Rodgers: 2.75 (24th/26th)
2016 - Rodgers: 2.73 (27th/29th)
2015 - Rodgers: 2.73 (23rd/25th)
2014 - Rodgers: 2.66 (18th/25th)

Rhythm ...Rhythm

"As you get older... You don't hold the ball longer"

We're finally seeing the philosophical change in Aaron Rodgers style. The improvisation and scramble drills were fun... but it's "Game-Manager Aaron Rodgers" now - and that's perfectly ok!

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

Minimum 400 dropbacks:

Rhythm ...Rhythm

We're finally seeing the philosophical change in Aaron Rodgers style. The improvisation and scramble drills were fun... but it's "Game-Manager Aaron Rodgers" now - and that's perfectly ok!

You ever be so right for 5 straight years and then be like I told you and everyone got so sick of hearing it they don't go, "Wow, Outpost31 was way right.  Rodgers can still be elite eith what he's got if he just plays the ****ing offense?"

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You ever be so right for 5 straight years and then be like I told you and everyone got so sick of hearing it they don't go, "Wow, Outpost31 was way right.  Rodgers can still be elite eith what he's got if he just plays the ****ing offense?"

It's an entirely different offense and gone are the scramble drills. 2019 was a hybrid / crossover evolution to 2020 and MLFs pure offensive scheme and lots of people were saying AR played best when he played in quick rhythm. It's just that MMs offensive scheme wasnt geared to it the majority of the time. Sometimes - when injuries mandated it....we saw quick release AR - but it was always temporary under MM.

Edited by Leader

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Minimum 400 dropbacks:

Rhythm ...Rhythm

That year to year consistency is nuts