Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

37 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Missed 5 games in his first two years with injuries. And he missed 4 games based on suspension.

3 of those 5 injury missed games were at the end of the year when Green Bay had nothing to play for so why put him out there for punishment?

You can gloss over WHEN the missed games took place too.

And of course Williams deserves touches... seems to be doing just fine now between the two. McCarthy could of found ways... he didn’t. It was just one of the many things that got him fired.

Well, you're not telling the whole story. Games missed isn't the only factor in lack of availability. I remember Jones getting hurt right after the bye his rookie season and was hardly available the rest year. He got some carries, missed some games, got a few more carries then was shut down for the year.

There was a lot of talk about him working hard going into his 2nd season, but he got suspended and hurt his knee again to start the year. After getting in the flow after the bye, Mac got him a lot touches.  I think he was averaging 18-20 touches a game after the bye until he got banged up once again at the end of the season and was shut down after Mac was fired.

So, when he was available Mac gave him touches. Just the way it was.

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

So runningbacks around the league are dropping like flies.  Do we dangle Jamaal Wiliams to someone like the Giants for a 3rd or better?  I hate saying that because I love JWill, but no question we have a surplus in the backfield right now and can take advantage of the current climate in the league.

Im thinking every team feels like they have a Jamaal Williams honestly. 

11 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Well, you're not telling the whole story. Games missed isn't the only factor in lack of availability. I remember Jones getting hurt right after the bye his rookie season and was hardly available the rest year. He got some carries, missed some games, got a few more carries then was shut down for the year.

There was a lot of talk about him working hard going into his 2nd season, but he got suspended and hurt his knee again to start the year. After getting in the flow after the bye, Mac got him a lot touches.  I think he was averaging 18-20 touches a game after the bye until he got banged up once again at the end of the season and was shut down after Mac was fired.

So, when he was available Mac gave him touches. Just the way it was.

Jones averaged  11 carries in his second year, adding catches... he avgeraged 13 touches a game... so not 18-20.

Thats over the 12 games he played that year.

Edited by Green19

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Jones averaged  11 carries in his second year, adding catches... he avgeraged 13 touches a game... so not 18-20.

Thats over the 12 games he played that year.

Those numbers have nothing to do with what I said.

Like I said, once he became healthy and available after the bye his 2nd season, Mac was giving him 18-20 touches a game until he became unavailable again at end of the season then was eventually shut down. I don't want to go look up the exact numbers, but I will be if need be.

6 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Those numbers have nothing to do with what I said.

Like I said, once he became healthy and available after the bye his 2nd season, Mac was giving him 18-20 touches a game until he became unavailable again at end of the season then was eventually shut down. I don't want to go look up the exact numbers, but I will be if need be.

He only had 18 touches or more in 3 games in 2018. Weeks 10, 12, and 14.

After the bye he avg 15 touches per game.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

He only had 18 touches or more in 3 games in 2018. Weeks 10, 12, and 14.

After the bye he avg 15 touches per game.

Yes & no... Like I said, Mac was giving Jones touches after the bye when Jones finally made himself available (healthy & not suspended).

Jones averaged 17 touches a game the first seven games after the bye. Then in the 8th game after the bye he got hurt once again after just 4 touches and was unavailable for the rest of season. So, when he was  available after the bye he was getting 17 touches a game.

15 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yes & no... Like I said, Mac was giving Jones touches after the bye when Jones finally made himself available (healthy & not suspended).

Jones averaged 17 touches a game the first seven games after the bye. Then in the 8th game after the bye he got hurt once again after just 4 touches and was unavailable for the rest of season. So, when he was  available after the bye he was getting 17 touches a game.

So not 18-20 touches a game... which is what I said.

even less if actually include all the games after. Either way still not 18-20 touches.

Also for comparison... these are the types of touches a back gets weekly when the team loves them https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HenrDe00/gamelog/2019/

which again is my point in all of this...

Edited by Green19

So not 18-20 touches a game... which is what I said.

even less if actually include all the games after. Either way still not 18-20 touches.

Also for comparison... these are the types of touches a back gets weekly when the team loves them https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HenrDe00/gamelog/2019/

which again is my point in all of this...

OK, 17 touches a game isn't 18-20- lol

What "games after" are you talking about? He wasn't available for those games.

After  a year and a half of injuries and a suspension, Mac bumped his touches to 17 a games until Jones broke down once again. How was Mac suppose to give Jones those touches you referenced when he was constantly hurt and unavailable?

9 minutes ago, Donzo said:

OK, 17 touches a game isn't 18-20- lol

What "games after" are you talking about? He wasn't available for those games.

After  a year and a half of injuries and a suspension, Mac bumped his touches to 17 a games until Jones broke down once again. How was Mac suppose to give Jones those touches you referenced when he was constantly hurt and unavailable?

Not saying during the unavailable games, obviously.

Im saying the games he was available. You said Mac loved him... why not 25 touches? He was literally the only other weapon outside of Adams GB had those years.

Thats why people had a problem with his usage under McCarthy... which is again the point. It was never that he never used him. It was Jones was clearly the best talent in the back field and he didn’t get enough touches for what was needed, which is obvious based on the outcomes of the games.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Not saying during the unavailable games, obviously.

Im saying the games he was available. You said Mac loved him... why not 25 touches? He was literally the only other weapon outside of Adams GB had those years.

Thats why people had a problem with his usage under McCarthy... which is again the point. It was never that he never used him. It was Jones was clearly the best talent in the back field and he didn’t get enough touches for what was needed, which is obvious based on the outcomes of the games.

You said, "even less if actually include all the games after". What games are you talking about?

How was Mac suppose to give him 25 touches when he broke down after getting 16-20 touches a game? He was unavailable to start both seasons under Mac. Mac started giving him touches his rookie year then he broke down right after the bye and was worthless the rest of the season. How do you give him 25 touches under those circumstances?

His 2nd season same story. He was AOL pretty much the entire first half. When he was available the 2nd half he broke down again after seven starts getting 17 touches a game. How do you give him 25 touches under those circumstances?

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:

You said, "even less if actually include all the games after". What games are you talking about?

How was Mac suppose to give him 25 touches when he broke down after getting 16-20 touches a game? He was unavailable to start both seasons under Mac. Mac started giving him touches his rookie year then he broke down right after the bye and was worthless the rest of the season. How do you give him 25 touches under those circumstances?

His 2nd season same story. He was AOL pretty much the entire first half. When he was available the 2nd half he broke down again after seven starts getting 17 touches a game. How do you give him 25 touches under those circumstances?

Last reply to this because it’s obvious you have your “truth”, which is fine. But, you made the claim he loved him, not me. My point is if he loved him he would of been more of a feature in the offense... Jones wasn’t. During those games he was averaging 18-20 touches as you calmed... was 5-7 more touches too much more? No. Which was everyone points during that time period.

Thats the point... you have a home run hitter. When he is healthy, give him at bats. McCarthy didn’t... but hey he loved him right?

So much it got him ran out of town for a failing offense that pissed his HOF QB off, amazing.

Last reply to this because it’s obvious you have your “truth”, which is fine. But, you made the claim he loved him, not me. My point is if he loved him he would of been more of a feature in the offense... Jones wasn’t. During those games he was averaging 18-20 touches as you calmed... was 5-7 more touches too much more? No. Which was everyone points during that time period.

Thats the point... you have a home run hitter. When he is healthy, give him at bats. McCarthy didn’t... but hey he loved him right?

So much it got him ran out of town for a failing offense that pissed his HOF QB off, amazing.

You're making statements without distinction. Jones isn't available but he should be getting 25 touches... OK

For the 3rd time: You said, "even less if actually include all the games after". What games are you talking about?... Just gonna state it then ignore it?!?... OK