Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Donzo said:

You're making statements without distinction. Jones isn't available but he should be getting 25 touches... OK

For the 3rd time: You said, "even less if actually include all the games after". What games are you talking about?... Just gonna state it then ignore it?!?... OK

Every game after the bye. He did 8. You cherry picked the seven. It goes from 17 touches to 13 touches when you add the 8th game where he had 4 touches.

So yeah when you include every game he was in after the bye... your 18-20 turns to 13.  So “even less” than the 17.

thought that was clear...  but it isn’t because you need it not to be for your point.

6 hours ago, Green19 said:

Every game after the bye. He did 8. You cherry picked the seven. It goes from 17 touches to 13 touches when you add the 8th game where he had 4 touches.

So yeah when you include every game he was in after the bye... your 18-20 turns to 13.  So “even less” than the 17.

thought that was clear...  but it isn’t because you need it not to be for your point.

In that 8th game he was only available for 4 touches. After that 4th touch he was unavailable for the rest of the season.

I like I said, when he was available for the first seven games after the bye I thought he was getting 18-20 touches a game. It ended up being 17 touches, then he broke down for the 4th time in two years. The guy couldn't stay healthy with 17 touches a game but he should have gotten 25 touches a game.

Goodnight

Edited by Donzo

Quick no tell donzo that one of those 20 touches game also came after Mac was fired with Philbin calling the game. The games actually coached by McCarthy after the bye, he averaged 16.5 touches.

But again for a guy coaching for his job and loved using Jones. Made sure he was a big part of the offense, amazing.

3 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

So runningbacks around the league are dropping like flies.  Do we dangle Jamaal Wiliams to someone like the Giants for a 3rd or better?  I hate saying that because I love JWill, but no question we have a surplus in the backfield right now and can take advantage of the current climate in the league.

This year I think he's more valuable than a 3rd. He just brings a great energy to this locker room and he's an excellent spell to Jones. He's a good pass blocker as well. He even improved his recieving game this offseason. I get we have Dillon, but in a HB oriented offense, depth at the position Is really good to have and the guys will be fresher down the line by splitting between all of them. Its gotta be someone good for me to say ok its worth trading him at this point. DL help would be one, but no ones giving up their good fatties. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

No issue... P/Smith is playing off the LS some which will change when Ramsey is back... Savage is still the same talent he flashed before he got hurt last year. He'll find his grove.

He's a young sapling.  Has time to grow.  It's fir his own good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

So runningbacks around the league are dropping like flies.  Do we dangle Jamaal Wiliams to someone like the Giants for a 3rd or better?  I hate saying that because I love JWill, but no question we have a surplus in the backfield right now and can take advantage of the current climate in the league.

Lol. Even if a GM smoked all the crack in the world, he still wouldn't give a 3rd for Jamaal. Maybe we could get a 6th for him if we were lucky.

14 hours ago, Beast said:
19 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I am not speaking based on stats. I am speaking based on the fact that Hunt is a better player than Chubb

The actual facts suggest otherwise. But sure, your u huffing and puffing is a "fact"

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

Have you watched both Browns games this year, and seen both of them play? 

14 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

how we feeling bout preston smith and darnell savage's rough starts? 

For me?  I understand why P hasn't shown up much.  Dude is dropping waaaayyyy too much for my liking.  I don't think he's regressed or anything like that, I just think he's not being put in position to impact plays.  Yet.

Savage?  Ungh.  Haven't seen him flash yet.  And to be fair, Amos is quiet, too.  Both have been far too quiet.  Not happy with Savage's start.  I hope to not see him as the nickel back for a long time.

13 hours ago, Green19 said:

Missed 5 games in his first two years with injuries. And he missed 4 games based on suspension.

3 of those 5 injury missed games were at the end of the year when Green Bay had nothing to play for so why put him out there for punishment?

You can gloss over WHEN the missed games took place too.

And of course Williams deserves touches... seems to be doing just fine now between the two. McCarthy could of found ways... he didn’t. It was just one of the many things that got him fired.

Lost in the back and forth regarding Jones is the FACT that he was not the player then that he is now.  He slimmed down.  He got quicker.  He wasn't this quick or fast when he was heavier as a rookie.  Credit to the kid for changing his body and ultimately, his game.

No fault to Mac for not playing him over Williams who was more pro-ready right away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Have you watched both Browns games this year, and seen both of them play? 

Dude, no one ******* cares about your wrong "fact"ual opinion... which is nothing but lies...

You want to argue "facts" about the Browns, go to the Browns page.... better yet, go to Cleveland and maybe you can get a good paying job from the Browns...