Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nope... I'm no one's alt... we're acting alike? I haven't been around him enough to know, and aren't alt banned? If so, just ask the mods if our IP information is the same... if they are, one or both of us would be banned.

As you said, I'm being "awful ornery" and sorry about that ... guess I just got a lot of stress right now... 

But I'm also tired of the pissing contests... where everything is Pettine's fault including the JFK assassination (yes over exaggeration there)... and everyone else gets a free pass... which is largely how I see Outpost opinion of the defense.

yeah, I was mostly joking about the alt thing. both of you do use a lot of "*******" when trying to get your points across though.

Outpost has called for Pettine's head since the NFCCG, maybe even before. the beauty of FF is that people form different opinions about any/everything regarding our beloved football team. I choose to bask in the glow of back to back 40 burgers. I don't know enough about the X's and O's to make anything other than casual observations. For that I defer to AG20 and Ray. Need someone to hold a barstool for you while you step out? Don't ask Norm. He's notoriously bad at it. Need a scoring update during the game in the Gameday Thread where most, (if not all) of the people are watching it? Leader is your guy.

An old FF adage that I've taken to heart is "Read more. Post Less."
That's not meant to be a knock on any of your contributions. It's just a better way of processing things on here imo.

& do you know where Mike Pettine was on 11/22/63? Cause I sure don't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Of course you aren't speaking of stats norfacts, just opinions... but you're lying when you claim it's the fact.

And of course you back tract later...

That's what I'm tired of, people talking ****, and then when they have to eat crow they put their tailed between their legs and change their story about what they said... 

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out...

Yes it is my opinion that he is a better player. Saying "the fact that he is" is an expression. There is no fact that one player is better than another player, it's all opinion. A fact would be saying that one had more yards than the other. 

However I will die on that hill that he is better, so not sure how that changes anything 😘

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yes it is my opinion that he is a better player. Saying "the fact that he is" is an expression. There is no fact that one player is better than another player, it's all opinion. A fact would be saying that one had more yards than the other. 

However I will die on that hill that he is better, so not sure how that changes anything 😘

I think if you look at each player and their best years...Chubb is the better runner.  Hunt is better as a receiver.

But man, they are close if you look at the best years that each have had.  Kindda have to wonder what would have been for Hunt had he been a model citizen in Kansas City.

And now I feel a little dirty about entering into a conversation concerning the best RB on the Browns roster.  I'm gonna take a shower and have a bourbon.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think if you look at each player and their best years...Chubb is the better runner.  Hunt is better as a receiver.

But man, they are close if you look at the best years that each have had.  Kindda have to wonder what would have been for Hunt had he been a model citizen in Kansas City.

And now I feel a little dirty about entering into a conversation concerning the best RB on the Browns roster.  I'm gonna take a shower and have a bourbon.

I am more or less talking about watching both games this year and watching them run with the same variables. But I don't care to talk about this anymore. Enjoy your bourbon shower 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

with lane taylor on IR and Greg Roberts released, we got 2 open roster spots and 1 PS spot, right? 

Yup, that's what I'm most interested in, who are they going to get to fill those spots.

TE Lovett has been called up from the PS both weeks so far, but you only get so many free downgrades back to the PS before they must pass through waivers before going back to the PS.

They could also use a DL depth.

I've also wondered if ILB Martin is looking healthy, if they might just save a spot for him, as he can come back for the 4th or 5th game, which would fix the 6 week injury timeline which was given for him (two weeks before the season).

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Wouldn't mind nabbing McCullers for our PS. Massive human being who spend some time on the Steelers' 53 the past few seasons. 

Steelers ESPN writers said most of the time when a player termines their contract, that means they're about to sign to the active 53 man roster of a different team. Packers do have two 53 man spots open and a possible need for more DT depth, those one PS spot too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bepryor/status/1308531282566172674

Just now, Beast said:

Steelers ESPN writers said most of the time when a player termines their contract, that means they're about to sign to the active 53 man roster of a different team. Packers do have two 53 man spots open and a possible need for more DT depth, those one PS spot too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bepryor/status/1308531282566172674

Good catch. Wouldn't complain about it, worth a try versus what we have.

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

Steelers ESPN writers said most of the time when a player termines their contract, that means they're about to sign to the active 53 man roster of a different team.

How does that happen exactly? I mean.....if its as portrayed....the player's looking to hook up with a different team....rather than take a job selling insurance....well, a player's not gonna kill a paycheck w/o some idea there's a destination for him....but how does that get conveyed to the player and/or agent w/o being tampering?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

How does that happen exactly? I mean.....if its as portrayed....the player's looking to hook up with a different team....rather than take a job selling insurance....well, a player's not gonna kill a paycheck w/o some idea there's a destination for him....but how does that get conveyed to the player and/or agent w/o being tampering?

Practice Squad players are considered FAs, and therefore it can't be tampering.

That's how any team can sign any PS player from another team at anytime... (except not when they've signed a futures contact, but that's only possible when the teams season is over, and the other team is still going in the playoffs)

• Like 1

I've been anticipating the upcoming stretch of games being the most difficult part of  the schedule..  

Heh heh, early-season W-L records don't necessarily reflect upcoming difficulty, but the upcoming 6 teams (Saints-Falcons-Bucs-Texans-Vikings-49ers) are a combined 3-9 thus far.  :)

41 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

So someone posted this in the Saints reddit and I thought it was pretty interesting. I think it tells you two things about the saints. There DBs are extremely handsy & they do not throw it deep very often.:

i4xfby543qo51.jpg

And so far the Packers are the completele opposite, should make for an interesting matchups