Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Careful we are getting awfully close to politics and the thread will get locked. Best leave that stuff totally out of the discussion. 

I'm not advocating for one side or the other, just pointing out what certain season-ticket holders are saying. 

I don't believe them for one second, but that's what they're saying. 

37 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm not advocating for one side or the other, just pointing out what certain season-ticket holders are saying. 

I don't believe them for one second, but that's what they're saying. 

If they want to give up their season tickets, I'm sure a whole bunch of people in line will be quite happy...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Beast said:

If they want to give up their season tickets, I'm sure a whole bunch of people in line will be quite happy...

Amen to that. I will buy them on the spot. We can finally solve the Lambeau Nursing Home Crisis and maybe actually hear fans when there at the stadium. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Hey sit down. Youre already being too rambunctious.

I don't have tickets, but back in the pre-9/11 days I brought in what amounted to 4 or 5 cans of beer in my jacket. So I was enjoying the game, and pulling them out, and drinking them. I wasn't being rambunctions, cursing, throwing the cans, etc, just having opening a beer, pouring it into my cup, and stowing the cans away, then cheering at appropriate times.  

Some aged rando 4 seats down started in with "I can have you thrown out for that, you know!" Yeah, good for you, pal. I'm glad he didn't, as it was the game in '95 when Favre came out on a badly sprained ankle and threw 5 tds vs the Bears. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I don't have tickets, but back in the pre-9/11 days I brought in what amounted to 4 or 5 cans of beer in my jacket. So I was enjoying the game, and pulling them out, and drinking them. I wasn't being rambunctions, cursing, throwing the cans, etc, just having opening a beer, pouring it into my cup, and stowing the cans away, then cheering at appropriate times.  

Some aged rando 4 seats down started in with "I can have you thrown out for that, you know!" Yeah, good for you, pal. I'm glad he didn't, as it was the game in '95 when Favre came out on a badly sprained ankle and threw 5 tds vs the Bears. 

What's your theory?

a) Works in beverage distribution

b) Mr. Good Example

c) Karen's dad

d) Parked in handicapped stall with his mother in law's tag on rear view mirror

• Like 1

I know we are all happy about Tonyan, but Jimmy Graham has 4 touchdowns this year and I feel a bit better for defending him.  If he was here 2 years younger the way Rodgers is playing now... He’d be having a fantastic season.

Still think Aaron’s play negatively impacted Graham over the past two years.  Still like Graham a lot.  Not a single complaint.  Great pro.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I know we are all happy about Tonyan, but Jimmy Graham has 4 touchdowns this year and I feel a bit better for defending him.  If he was here 2 years younger the way Rodgers is playing now... He’d be having a fantastic season.

Still think Aaron’s play negatively impacted Graham over the past two years.  Still like Graham a lot.  Not a single complaint.  Great pro.

Yeah, he is having a much more red zone productive year.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not a single complaint? How about when he completely blew a blitz read on your childishly dubbed "5th down" play vs. SF last year? Graham's brain-freeze doomed the whole play, so naturally you took a never-ending dump on Rodgers for it. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Not a single complaint? How about when he completely blew a blitz read on your childishly dubbed "5th down" play vs. SF last year? Graham's brain-freeze doomed the whole play, so naturally you took a never-ending dump on Rodgers for it. 🙄

I’m saying HE didn’t complain once you dolt.  Of course I had complaints about Graham.  Just not as harsh as the majority.

I never acted like he was the second coming of prime Gronkowski when he was with us, just that he was underutilized.  If you can’t agree with that, you’re bitter or something, man.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 6:57 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Oh, it's not the beat writers, it's stuff like Z wearing the Breonna Taylor shirt on Monday. 

9 hours ago, persiandud said:

good for Z

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

Yeah...that was really nice to see.  

That move by Z got an "Awww" from both me and the wife.  It was simple and it was sweet.