Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Seriously I don’t know how anyone can watch Jones and Williams play and prefer to sign Jones for 12 million per over Williams for 6 million per if it’s even that much.

I would legit rather trade Jones and not have him for our playoff run than re-sign him to 10-12 million per year.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously I don’t know how anyone can watch Jones and Williams play and prefer to sign Jones for 12 million per over Williams for 6 million per if it’s even that much.

I would legit rather trade Jones and not have him for our playoff run than re-sign him to 10-12 million per year.

Jamaal's worked so god damn hard to get where he is too. He deserves to get his money here. Do you guys remember how "meh" he was as a rookie?

EDIT - And no, that's not saying Jones hasn't worked hard. He has, for sure. It's just Jones was always a dynamic type of player. Williams looked like a "run into the back of your OL" type RB with no vision or explosion. He was the definition of JAG. Now? He's a viable #1 RB. It's not like age separates them either. Jones is actually 5 months older than Williams.

Edited by beekay414

For me Jamaal is the consistent player, he'll grind it away and can be counted on every game. Jones is the big play machine. He can destroy a team but if he is not getting the big yards he won't wear down a team. I notice the drop in production for the offence when Jamaal ain't playing over Jones. 

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

For me Jamaal is the consistent player, he'll grind it away and can be counted on every game. Jones is the big play machine. He can destroy a team but if he is not getting the big yards he won't wear down a team. I notice the drop in production for the offence when Jamaal ain't playing over Jones. 

Granted, but is the Jones type needed in today’s NFL?

I say no.  Great to have on a rookie contract, but a luxury.  Not only that, but you’re getting three more good years out of him before what happens to every RB happens to him.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Granted, but is the Jones type needed in today’s NFL?

I say no.  Great to have on a rookie contract, but a luxury.  Not only that, but you’re getting three more good years out of him before what happens to every RB happens to him.

Agreed that is why I go with Jamaal every time. His rhythm suits our offence much better than Jones. He is good in pass blocking, durable and will get you positive yards consistently. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Jamaal's worked so god damn hard to get where he is too. He deserves to get his money here. Do you guys remember how "meh" he was as a rookie?

EDIT - And no, that's not saying Jones hasn't worked hard. He has, for sure. It's just Jones was always a dynamic type of player. Williams looked like a "run into the back of your OL" type RB with no vision or explosion. He was the definition of JAG. Now? He's a viable #1 RB. It's not like age separates them either. Jones is actually 5 months older than Williams.

I disagree with this take. Jones looks obviously better than Williams. Quicker and much more explosive. 

That said, I’m not sure he’s 8 million better which is what he could get. I do t think we’d get the haul Outlook thinks if we’d trade him now, being a FA after the season. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Didn’t mean to pick on you. Your was just the last post in line. My bad. 

I just feel like there are a lot of people undervaluing Jones. 

Nobody is undervaluing Jones. The conversation is exactly what you mentioned at the end of your prior post. Is Jones difference in this offense worth $6-8 Million aka another starter or two elsewhere over Williams?