Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The wonders you can do with numbers..........

Matt Schneidman -   Here are the top five WRs in the NFL in average top speed (sum of max speed reached while carrying the ball divided by touches, minimum of 10)

1. Allen Lazard: 16.95 mph
2. Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 16.88
3. Jalen Guyton: 16.64
4. Nelson Agholor: 16.53
5. Henry Ruggs III: 16.37

Well remember when the knock on GB WRs was that they are all slow... guess it was solved.

Now if we can just get more WRs for Rodgers!

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Lol WHAT

Think about the metric. It's not measuring top speed, it's measuring on what percentage of a receiver's touches he gets to top speed with the ball.

Lazard has 15 touches. 2 of them came on jet sweeps where he would definitely be able to get to full speed.

He had a deep catch against the Vikings. A deep catch against the Lions. 2 deep passes against the Vikings. So you're looking at full speed on 6 of 15 touches. And a lot of his other production comes from bubble screens and drag routes, both routes you can get to top speed quick if you can get the space. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is Lane Taylor on the GBPs radar screen for resigning next year?

I think it is a good idea.  He will not be expensive because he was injured.  His competition for starting RG will be Runyan, Stepaniak, Zack Johnson, and any possible new draftees.  That is assuming that Patrick is the center and Turner is the RT.  I do think that he should get a strong look from other teams.  If he is healthy, he is a plug and play guard for any teams that need the help, and there are quite a few.  He is only 30, and has been injured the last two seasons, so he only had 3 games of wear and tear on his body in that time.  Normally that may be a red-flag, but it was a biceps injury in 19 and an ACL in 20, so it isn't like his body is falling apart, those are completely unrelated injuries.  

I am a look to the future guy, so I kind of want Runyan in there.  And I really liked Zack Johnson*.  But Taylor is really good.  We started this season with Jenkins at RT in part because Patrick and Taylor were both guys that the staff wanted to start.  

*disclaimer:  I am an absolute sucker for small school, athletic specimens.  See:  Nick Collins, DRC, Jeff Janis, Alan Barbre, Kendall Donnerson, Jerron McMillian, Nasir Adderley, the list goes on, and on.  And the 1 time out of 500 that it works out, and these guys are good, makes me an even bigger sucker.  

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know the statistics, but I've always wondered why there is no mitigation for a plane crash for an entire team.

Perhaps because it’s so rare (statistically as you said).  But, it’s happened before - soccer and hockey teams have been completely wiped out in crashes.  I’m guessing the NFL has protocols for this should it ever happen, but that’s after the fact, and not necessarily mitigation.

Edited by Sasquatch

On 11/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, Norm said:

Yeah it was more a comment to myself. Pretty wild regardless of how BS it might be in reality.

Hence

eb027749b41b18e8b05caec8e0165a80.jpg

@ThatJerkDave knows

I saw on twitter that some nerd's formula said that LaFleur's decision to punt in the 4th quarter (up by 4 with 2:30 left on their own 25) dropped the Packers win percentage the most of any coaching decision this season.  ******* nerds!

nerds.jpg

• Like 1