Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Mil JS said it was a personal matter whatever the heck that may be.  Also ... Kevin King is over his previous injury BUT now he is questionable with an achilles tendon issue.  If he doesn't play ... again missing another game, why in the world would this team want to sign him to another contract.  He's on the pines more than a red squirrel.

Hopefully a personal matter that can be resolved quickly but it looks like they are going with plan b.

King had just been getting over that injury prone reputation and playing a strong season, but yeah he’s been down too many weeks this year. I hope he makes a strong comeback for this season and if we let him go, to land a bigger contract. He’s played great when healthy but  hasn’t been available in a contract year. 

Edited by Refugee

When GB was on the clock in the 3rd round of the 2019 draft, I was admittedly torn between going with Sternberger or Terry McLaurin. We took the former and TM went one pick later to Wash. Since then...

Sternberger career rec/yards/tds: 11/101/2 (including playoffs)

McLaurin career rec/yards/tds: 115/1,706/10

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

When GB was on the clock in the 3rd round of the 2019 draft, I was admittedly torn between going with Sternberger or Terry McLaurin. We took the former and TM went one pick later to Wash. Since then...

This is still a tough one to live with, especially being the next pick....I just thought McLaurin's 4.3 speed would be enough for him to be the pick there. He would have completed our WR corps and be the guy we utilize in the slot to go along with Adams, Lazard, and MVS. Plus I know he tore his ACL but could have possibly got Deguara more reps early in the season.

Will still be salty over this one and passing over TJ Watt for awhile.

55 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not sure anyone anticipated McLaurin being this good.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'm sure there were some.  Were they stating it at the time of the pick, or using the magic of hindsight to state their knowledge?

I'm not sure there was anything to suggest that he was going to be this good.  I think I had him as a lower end #2, high end #3, but not this type of WR.  He was behind Parris Campbell (whom A LOT of people on here loved) and KJ Hill who I think had a more defined role.  And it wasn't like he was playing with mediocre talent at Ohio State either.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -   Sobering reality: Packers are 3-3 since the bye. Wins over Texans (3-7), 49ers (JV team) and Jaguars (1-9). Point differential of +1.

////

They're operating under Snooze Control

Yep, not good enough. Out of the next 6 games 5 in the elements, 4 at Lambeau, 3 in the North and only 1 vs. a team currently above .500. 

We actually had spurts of energy today on O and D but just couldn’t sustain it and definitely couldn’t overcome mistakes at critical moments. 

We need an identity and with the weather turning, it can’t all be finesse offense and hoping the D can hang around by steadily taking body punches while hoping to avoid the big one. 

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

Yep, not good enough. Out of the next 6 games 5 in the elements, 4 at Lambeau, 3 in the North and only 1 vs. a team currently above .500. 

We actually had spurts of energy today on O and D but just couldn’t sustain it and definitely couldn’t overcome mistakes at critical moments. 

We need an identity and with the weather turning, it can’t all be finesse offense and hoping the D can hang around by steadily taking body punches while hoping to avoid the big one. 

IT'S DILLON TIME. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

IT'S DILLON TIME. 

I’ve been waiting for the AJD breakout game to show why we took him so high and to get fired up for winter football. So far, nothing but a long line of setbacks starting with the training camp and preseason. I’m still hopeful.