Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Ryan Wood -   Matt LaFleur on Davante Adams, who is one catch from 500 in his career: "I've probably learned more from him than he has from me just in terms of how he's able to set up different routes... I think when you have a player of his caliber, it's foolish not to try to pick his brain."

Ryan Wood -   Matt LaFleur relays what Packers TE (coach) Justin Outten tells Aaron Rodgers about his deep-ball accuracy: "Justin Outten always jokes about how he's going to take Aaron to the carnival and win a bunch of teddy bears for his kids. We call them teddy bears throws."

Edited by Leader

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -   The Packers will be working out former Rams and Cowboys WR Tavon Austin.

/////

Sheppard beware.

Worked out Brian Price too who I actually liked when he was here a few years ago. Wouldn't mind adding both of them because Austin would be a good guy to have on the roster for Ervin's role if/when he's banged up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Worked out Brian Price too who I actually liked when he was here a few years ago. Wouldn't mind adding both of them because Austin would be a good guy to have on the roster for Ervin's role if/when he's banged up.

Since they've IR'd Adams (for the season) and he's out of the DL rotation, it would make sense to bring some bodies in.

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not for Gute.

Would be another "reactive" move by Gute, which is better than nothing, but a guy like Austin should have been added to the PS a month ago as a Plan B player when Ervin first had injury issues. Instead, we said Shepherd was "good enough" when the guy had no business being on the roster, and he directly contributed to a huge loss last week. So now Gute looks to make a move...once the player has already hurt us.