Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber -    LaFleur confirms that Montravius Adams is out for the season.

////

What was the injury?

Have we seen the last of him or do we bring him back if cheap.....although I cant imagine why he'd be expensive.

I just looked him up.  He had a 1 million dollar cap hit this season.  Lancaster is a RFA.  Billy Winn is a FA.  Anthony Rush will be ERFA.  Lowry and Keke are signed through 2022. 

We have time to see if Rush is worth anything, he could stink out loud, but just looking at his stats, he doesn't seem completely outclassed by the other three.  I think I would prefer Lancaster at a RFA rate, and Rush at ERFA rate, to a more expensive Adams or Winn.  We don't get to see practice, but Lancaster vs Adams vs Winn seems like a push to me.  Just go with the cheapest option of the three.  

This all assumes that DL will be addressed with the draft or some other FA to supplement.  

• Like 1

Lol.  Seattle winning the Super Bowl is as likely as Football Team winning last year’s Super Bowl.

The Seahawks will never compete for another Super Bowl the way they operate.

No OL, no first round picks for like 37 years, everything into WR, adding old EDGE and thinking scheme will save them there.

The Seahawks are what would happen if Gute went to the dark side and abandoned all his principles.

It’s like Schneider resents what Thompson stood for so much he does the exact opposite of what Thompson did just to spite Thompson and he still hasn’t learned that works worse.

Edited by Outpost31

On 11/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Seattle winning the Super Bowl is as likely as Football Team winning last year’s Super Bowl.

The Seahawks will never compete for another Super Bowl the way they operate.

No OL, no first round picks for like 37 years, everything into WR, adding old EDGE and thinking scheme will save them there.

The Seahawks are what would happen if Gute went to the dark side and abandoned all his principles.

It’s like Schneider resents what Thompson stood for so much he does the exact opposite of what Thompson did just to spite Thompson and he still hasn’t learned that works worse.

Jon Schneider and TT are perfect examples that getting the QB right and one ring can keep you employed about 3 years longer than you should be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Jon Schneider and TT are perfect examples that getting the QB right and one ring can keep you employed about 3 years longer than you should be.

Seattle

2015 - 10-6 Wild Card
2016 - 10-5+1 Division winner/Playoffs
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6 Wild Card
2019 - 11-5 Wild Card

I went back fives years. At what point would you have fired Schneider and why?

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Seattle

2015 - 10-6 Wild Card
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6 Wild Card
2019 - 11-5 Wild Card

After he drafted Wilson, obvs. That should be the rule - "if you hit on a QB, you lose  your GM job." 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Seattle

2015 - 10-6 Wild Card
2017 - 9-7
2018 - 10-6 Wild Card
2019 - 11-5 Wild Card

Depends on what the goal of the Seahawks is.  They want tickets, merchandise, money?  Never fire him.  He makes exciting moves every single year.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Depends on what the goal of the Seahawks is.  They want tickets, merchandise, money?  Never fire him.  He makes exciting moves every single year.

Ha, I would actually say the exact same thing about Ted and his son, Gute, but in a different way. Want to stay relevant, get 10 wins every year, but never really have the best team in the conference or make those 1 or 2 extra moves necessary to get to the SB?...they are your guys. 

Packers have become experts at circling the wagon...highlighted by 4 NFCCG losses since 2007. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Ha, I would actually say the exact same thing about Ted and his son, Gute, but in a different way. Want to stay relevant, get 10 wins every year, but never really have the best team in the conference or make those 1 or 2 extra moves necessary to get to the SB?...they are your guys. 

Packers have become experts at circling the wagon...highlighted by 4 NFCCG losses since 2007. 

Of course the response to this is... That's more than any other team except the Patriots. 

The Packers do absolutely everything right except for this:

1. Defensive coordinators (should not be kept for more than 3 years total period).
2. QB contracts (do what you have to do with bonuses to keep that contract under 12% each and every year.  If the QB doesn't agree, trade him). 
3. Midseason acquisitions (I'm willing to bet every single team to win a Super Bowl has added to their roster with a moderate acquisition in-season).

With a new DC this year instead of retaining Pettine after his braindead Championship scheme last year, Packers are the best team in the league.
Aaron Rodgers is under 12% this year, so that's a check.
Failing to acquire help at the deadline or with free agents is criminal.

Earl Thomas, Clay Matthews, Eric Reid (Green/Redmond), Reshad Jones, Marcel Dareus, Timmy Jernigan...