Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

38 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Not his worse but Turner is getting a lot of credit against Mack when...

As far as worse games... at the top of my head... they both were bad in Tampa. They did poorly against Colts.

I know the stat is for pass blocking but also given the state of the dlines in minn and jac... I feel like they did poorly against them when we needed to run. But again I know it’s for pass blocking but to just see those high of numbers next to their names just doesn’t feel correct when it’s clear they are the 4 and 5 best oline guys on the team.

Lol telling me you're going to help against an elite rusher? Wild stuff there

The colts game is way overblown. The one hold. Wasnt like he was a turnstile. 

But now you have to go through and watch all the other RTs

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I disagree. That's about how I'd value them from a differential standpoint. Jones is our Adams at RB. Williams is our Lazard. 

Aaron Jones has 0 rushing yards on 3rd down and 1 rushing yard on 4th down. On the year. 

If he's the dude, the Packers staff sure doesn't act like it on the money downs. 

43 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol telling me you're going to help against an elite rusher? Wild stuff there

The colts game is way overblown. The one hold. Wasnt like he was a turnstile. 

But now you have to go through and watch all the other RTs

And that stat is saying he is the #1 pass blocking tackle... I’d hope the best pass blocking tackle in the league can go without help even against elite pass rushers. I mean Bakh is...

by that standard he is elite too. That’s my point in saying I don’t believe those grades. Might be true based on the metrics and measurements... but the ol’ eye test says he isn’t.

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Aaron Jones has 0 rushing yards on 3rd down and 1 rushing yard on 4th down. On the year. 

If he's the dude, the Packers staff sure doesn't act like it on the money downs. 

Wait, really?  That's wild.  Is Williams eating his lunch that bad for those carries or do they just not run much on money downs?  

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And that stat is saying he is the #1 pass blocking tackle... I’d hope the best pass blocking tackle in the league can go without help even against elite pass rushers. I mean Bakh is...

by that standard he is elite too. That’s my point in saying I don’t believe those grades. Might be true based on the metrics and measurements... but the ol’ eye test says he isn’t.

Its a stat. You said you don't believe his win rate % which is what the stat claimed. Its not a grade. Just a stat.

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

Wait, really?  That's wild.  Is Williams eating his lunch that bad for those carries or do they just not run much on money downs?  

Jones kills it on first down: 73 carries at 5.5 per carry vs 55 carries at 4.6 per carry

Williams edges him on 2nd down with Jones at 53 carries at 4.2 per carry vs 30 carries at 4.3 per carry

On 3rd down Jones has 2 carries for 0 yards (0 first downs) vs 10 carries for 24 yards (7 first downs)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jones kills it on first down: 73 carries at 5.5 per carry vs 55 carries at 4.6 per carry

Williams edges him on 2nd down with Jones at 53 carries at 4.2 per carry vs 30 carries at 4.3 per carry

On 3rd down Jones has 2 carries for 0 yards (0 first downs) vs 10 carries for 24 yards (7 first downs)

A productive running back tandem. I dont have a problem with JWill carrying the brunt of short down and distance carries. He's "tougher" than AJ - and minus contribution from Dillon (or a now non-existant FB...) - he gives us the best chance of moving the chains.

Edited by Leader

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

A productive running back tandem. I dont have a problem with JWill carrying the brunt of short down and distance carries. He's "tougher" than AJ - and minus contribution from Dillon (or a now non-existant FB...) - he gives us the best chance of moving the chains.

No question he's built better for falling forward in those short yardage situations.  Williams is also great in pass pro for longer third downs.  Having the option to pass from a clean pocket or hand it off to him with a head full of steam against a lighter front or a quick checkdown makes him a great 3rd down back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which is very odd given that Jones is one of the best backs in the league at getting into the endzone inside the 5. He's actually a very good short yardage back. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Having lived through the McCarthy years, where he'd stubbornly leave the OTs on an island, I am so f*cking happy to see MLF use these tactics vs elite pass rushers. 

Church Saturday GIF

Amen. Hated watching him put Marshall Newhouse on a prime pass rusher all by himself over and over

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Its a stat. You said you don't believe his win rate % which is what the stat claimed. Its not a grade. Just a stat.

Yeah but a win and lost is graded and is subjective in most cases, because there is grey area. This stat is based on judgements therefore this stats and these numbers can be easily be miss leading. Again I don’t believe Turner... even in this year (clearly his best in GB), winning percentage is tops in the league.

Im sure espn has a breakdown of what a win is versus a lost, etc. I just don’t buy it. Kudos to Turner though, based on how espn grades a win or lost he has the best percentage in their metric.

Doubt anyone anywhere connected to football would buy it though.

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Which is very odd given that Jones is one of the best backs in the league at getting into the endzone inside the 5. He's actually a very good short yardage back. 

He's been lousy this year.

With 3 yards to go or fewer, Jones has had 20 carries. 8 first downs. 3 TDs. 11/20 = 55% success rate.

With 3 yards to go or fewer, Williams has also had 20 carries. 14 first downs. 1 TDs 15/20 = 75% success rate.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's been lousy this year.

With 3 yards to go or fewer, Jones has had 20 carries. 8 first downs. 3 TDs. 11/20 = 55% success rate.

With 3 yards to go or fewer, Williams has also had 20 carries. 14 first downs. 1 TDs 15/20 = 75% success rate.

How the hell do you find these splits