Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i'd have said like a 17% chance we sign him in a normal year

1% chance in the weird cap year of 2021.

I give us a 40% chance of resigning him based on:

-I don’t think the cap ends up going down that much. Too many teams would be screwed without a flat cap and the players would lose out.

-I think teams have learned their lesson not to pay running backs. The more the season goes on, the more I think Jones gets somewhere in the Ecker/Gordon range (6-8m). That is a workable amount.

Dusty -    In 2019, the Packers averaged 10.7 drives a game in which they had a chance to score.

They averaged a TD on 26.5% of those drives.

This year? Averaging 9.7 drives a game with a chance to score. They're averaging a TD on 41.7% of those drives.

During the 2019 regular season, they scored 44 touchdowns.

Through 13 games in 2020, they have scored 50 touchdowns.

Second year jump is real, buddy.

• Like 1

Ryan Wood -    Matt LaFleur says it was easier for Tavon Austin to get "scripted in" to to game plan at beginning, not as many snaps as game went on.

"I've got to do a better job of getting him in there. I thought that he came in, in pretty decent shape."

As for special teams, Matt LaFleur on kick return: "It can change by gameplan based on who we put back there." Tavon Austin has been primarily a PR in his career. He was PR yesterday, Jamaal Williams at KR. But Austin a possibility for KR with Tyler Ervin on IR.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   7th round pick S/LB Vernon Scott played season-high 17 defensive snaps vs DET. Hadn't played since Week 10 Good reps at dime LB (Raven Greene's role) - diagnoses/plays fast but under control. And can thump when he arrives!

Might be time to take the training wheels off. He's a bit lanky but can move and seems to play with attitude.  We might see some bad but he's shown some good in his limited opportunities.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   7th round pick S/LB Vernon Scott played season-high 17 defensive snaps vs DET. Hadn't played since Week 10 Good reps at dime LB (Raven Greene's role) - diagnoses/plays fast but under control. And can thump when he arrives!

Good. I think Greene will do better with less reps

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Dusty -    In 2019, the Packers averaged 10.7 drives a game in which they had a chance to score.

They averaged a TD on 26.5% of those drives.

This year? Averaging 9.7 drives a game with a chance to score. They're averaging a TD on 41.7% of those drives.

During the 2019 regular season, they scored 44 touchdowns.

Through 13 games in 2020, they have scored 50 touchdowns.

Second year jump is real, buddy.

is dusty your buddy

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

So Aaron Jones fired his agent a few days ago, and now he can sign one and have them start negotiating.  What do we think this means (the agent firing)?

My read is that he isn't getting what he wants, which is good IMO.

Hopefully he told them to get something done with GB but they were sandbagging hoping to get him to free agency. But that’s probably pie in the sky thinking.