Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

Nothing wrong with telling what resides in the White House currently to kick rocks. 

He’s a packer football writer. I don’t care which way he and other sports writers lean, I follow them for sports information, not politics. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

PackersHistory  -    Something that seems false but is definitely true:

Aaron Jones is averaging more rushing yards per game, more receptions per game, more total touches per game and more first downs per game in 2020 than he did in his exceptional 2019 season. We take his production for granted.

///

Dont know if the above is accurate, but agree that it doesnt feel like it.

31 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He’s a packer football writer. I don’t care which way he and other sports writers lean, I follow them for sports information, not politics.

Then read his "political" comments and move on to the football content. He's entitled to express his opinion.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Exactly, even though i really don't listen to much Nagler has to say but if I want politics and tune into CNN or Fox, whichever one makes me laugh more. I want sports, I'll listen to sports writers. 

I had to quit watching ESPN, they got way too political.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Then read his "political" comments and move on to the football content. He's entitled to express his opinion.

Nah, I just don’t follow him or any other sports writers who constantly do that from either side. Sure he’s entitled, I just kind of find it false advertising if you will.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Nah, I just don’t follow him or any other sports writers who constantly do that from either side. Sure he’s entitled, I just kind of find it false advertising if you will.

Understood - but it is his personal Twitter feed you're looking at - the vast majority of which is football related content. He doesnt express "political" viewpoints on any of his CHTY articles or in podcasts/appearances done for other networks/outlets.

I can't imagine having to brush someone/something off/avoid it just because they don't stick to their profession. They aren't robots and expecting them to be is, well, naive. I don't understand why discussing certain topics is taboo. How do we expect to change things if we can't discuss them from dissenting sides? Makes no sense and seems like a piss poor attempt to live a sheltered life.

But, that's just me. No need to take offense or carry on. Back to the Pack.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

gonna channel an over-used and unnecessary phrase (outside of FF) but we should maybe stick to football

this raises two questions for me:

(1) Is it illegal (here) to discuss people discussing politics? It's not directly a discussion of politics

(2) Would Eleanor Roosevelt classify discussion of people discussing politics that of great, average or small minds?

So on the Jones front, this is trending towards a Jones contract elsewhere.

Mike Davis people.  Give him a watch this weekend.  Obviously he'll have 250 yards because packers D, but this guy can run, catch, block, and I think he's a starter in this league.

He could come in and do the things Jamaal does, but with some real juice and an excellent set of hands.

Edited by skibrett15

I don't care if any RB is brought in.  Couple of things here.

• I will be sad when Jones leaves, he's one of my favorite players and a good kid.
  • No reason to think Dillon won't be getting a lot of touches next year.
  • If I'm signing a FA running back, I hope it is Jamal.
  • Draft another one in the mid rounds.