Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Patrick Taylor, RB practicing for the first time with the team since he began the season on the PUP with a foot injury.  His tape from Memphis looks solid and maybe because he's a bit taller but reminds me of James Starks' slashing, violent style. 

What little I've read about him says he's a dedicated guy and he definitely produced at the college level. We'll see what this means for the next few weeks but I'm glad the coaches are getting a good look at him n practice going into next year.

• Like 1

Nice that Taylor will get to participate a little bit.  Given that most practices are walk-throughs and stuff at this point of year, I'm not sure how much the organization can learn about a running back.  But probably fun for him to get to be a part of the action.  

Obviously with Jones and Williams expiring, their will be a window of opportunity for RB next year.  Hope he turns out really good.  

Andy Herman -   First 45 career games:

MVS: 185 targets - 95 catches - 1636 yds - 9tds

Nelson: 149 targets - 100 catches - 1268 yds - 6tds

J. Jones: 187 targets - 109 catches - 1487 yds - 9tds

Driver: 146 targets - 87 catches - 1358 yds - 9tds

R. Brooks: 141 targets - 88 catches - 936 yds - 5tds

18 hours ago, Refugee said:

Patrick Taylor, RB practicing for the first time with the team since he began the season on the PUP with a foot injury.  His tape from Memphis looks solid and maybe because he's a bit taller but reminds me of James Starks' slashing, violent style. 

What little I've read about him says he's a dedicated guy and he definitely produced at the college level. We'll see what this means for the next few weeks but I'm glad the coaches are getting a good look at him n practice going into next year.

AJ Dillon, Patrick Taylor, Dex Williams and Mike Weber, I like our RB room next year even without Aaron and Jamaal...Theres a lot of talent at RB on this team. More talented than we've ever been.

10 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

AJ Dillon, Patrick Taylor, Dex Williams and Mike Weber

Dont know anything about these guys and what I do know about Williams has more levels of concern than is usually associated with a guy you're counting on.  If thats the RB room i TC/PS next year....................I'll hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont know anything about these guys and what I do know about Williams has more levels of concern than is usually associated with a guy you're counting on.  If thats the RB room i TC/PS next year....................I'll hope for the best.

William's definitely comes off as an airhead. Taylor and Weber were both pretty damn good runners in college. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Taylor reminds them of James Starks, which I totally agree with. Very similar in size/build and running style. Weber actually reminds me of his old teammate JK Dobbins. I think he could be a dark horse for this team(we all have those players, right?). And hey, we didn't draft Dillon in the 2nd round to not pound the ball with him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   First 45 career games:

MVS: 185 targets - 95 catches - 1636 yds - 9tds

Nelson: 149 targets - 100 catches - 1268 yds - 6tds

J. Jones: 187 targets - 109 catches - 1487 yds - 9tds

Driver: 146 targets - 87 catches - 1358 yds - 9tds

R. Brooks: 141 targets - 88 catches - 936 yds - 5tds

MVS would have never seen the field if he was on the roster at the same time as Nelson, Jennings, Jones and Driver.

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. probably true.  I'm just trying to point out that you can throw all the stats you want out there, but MVS wouldn't have played in front of any of those guys.

The point of the tweet (as I took it at least) was simply to point out that MVS is producing - relative to the others listed. Not in competition with them - but simply in comparison to them. He cant be held liable for who else is on the field with him.

What came to my mind first was how game changes, in some way, account for the differing stat levels.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. probably true.  I'm just trying to point out that you can throw all the stats you want out there, but MVS wouldn't have played in front of any of those guys.

If he was drafted at the same time, he would have got reps. If they were established players, yeah probably not. If bakhtiari were drafted at the height if Clifton and Tausch he wouldnt have seen snaps at T either.