Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Yes, it has since been clarified. He did prior say he wasn't doing the whole waiver thing at first though

That was just noise so a crappy team wouldnt pick him up.

if he didnt want to play here, he would just say it.

hes gonna get more chances to see the field here and better odds for a ring

Edited by Malfatron

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Why than didn't the Seahawks keep him so we wouldn't end of with him?....

They told him he was going to be a healthy scratch for the Rams game as they activated Poona Ford from an injury list and like what they had in Bryan Mone. 

He respectfully asked if he was going to be inactive for their games unless of an injury that they release him so he could get reps with a team in the playoffs and they obliged.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They told him he was going to be a healthy scratch for the Rams game as they activated Poona Ford from an injury list and like what they had in Bryan Mone. 

He respectfully asked if he was going to be inactive for their games unless of an injury that they release him so he could get reps with a team in the playoffs and they obliged.

Gotcha, I assume than that he is readily active to play with us?...

Do we have cap space to sign King, Jones, and Linsley if we cut Preston, Wagner, Turner, Kirksey and Lowry.

We can start Runyon and draft an OL, maybe let Williams walk as well. Gary can take over for Preston full time since his PFF grade is awful this year.

Draft RT, IDL, 3rd down back, hybrid for Ervin upgrade, CB, ILB, WR

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

face value for "cheap" seats is $115. I have two, so it's 2*6*115 = $1,400 per season (and the  preseason games are ~$50/each - so $1500 total). Plus there's a one-time, transferable seat tax that's $1,500 each. So getting the seats the first season was close to $4,500 out of pocket. However, if I transfer them/sell them/whatever the new owner takes on the seat tax and I get that back.

*Edit

GB breaks season tickets into Green and Gold packages, so that's why it's 6 games and not 8. The other two games (2nd and 5th home games every season) go to the milwaukee crowd.

Thanks! That's around what I expected - similar in price to my soccer season ticket, although we do get over 3x the number of matches (that said, 50k people this season have paid £500 plus to watch the matches from their couch which ain't exactly good value). 

11 hours ago, Leader said:

You know what would be even more awesome than that?

Playing Seattle in the NFCCG and absolutely destroying them. No goal line stands needed. Pure blood on the field type destruction.

Split the difference - Snacks stuffs Wilson at the goalline when Seattle is about to go up 14-3 in the first, GB drives 99 yds to make it 10-7, and GB cruises to a 45-17 win that isn't that close. 

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Do we have cap space to sign King, Jones, and Linsley if we cut Preston, Wagner, Turner, Kirksey and Lowry.

We can start Runyon and draft an OL, maybe let Williams walk as well. Gary can take over for Preston full time since his PFF grade is awful this year.

Why would you cut an EDGE to keep a RB and center?

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Depends on what the cap is and how much those 3 could be signed for.

Preston gains $8M

Wagner gains $5.25M

Kirksey gains $6M

Turner gains $3.5M

Lowry gains $3.3M

If the cap stays flat, around 198 to 200, those cuts would get GB to around $23M.

Those cuts create some big holes.  3rd Edge, RT, RG, DL

I don't see the benefit in those transactions,  especially signing Jones