Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Rob Demovsky -   The Green Bay Packers' 2021 opponents:

HOME - Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Football Team, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers.

ROAD - Bears, Lions, Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens.

////

Eventually I'll see a gimme game......I think.

Edited by Leader

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

HOME - Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Football Team, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers.

ROAD - Bears, Lions, Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens.

////

Why do the Niners and Saints never come to Green Bay anymore? That's annoying.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why do the Niners and Saints never come to Green Bay anymore? That's annoying.

I was thinking the same thing....in reference to the Niners. It seems we're going there every other week!
And yeah.....didnt we play in NOLA this year? I dont pay attention to these things - but it would seem something that should alternate no?

Edited by Leader

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

////

thats actually a pretty tough road besides the bengals. at least we don't have to travel to seattle/pittsburgh.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

thats actually a pretty tough road besides the bengals. at least we don't have to travel to seattle/pittsburgh.

Much can change in a year and of course when you play a team can determine a lot but the NFCW and AFCN will have some heavyweights next year. Both should have had three teams in the playoffs and probably would have if Kyler Murray was not injured today. 

Even the last place SF and Cin should be and could be much nastier next season. Let’s enjoy this run now as the top seed, the road won’t be any easier next year. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

And yeah.....didnt we play in NOLA this year? 

Yes because we played the NFC south. We play them again next year because they won there division. Because of our record we have to play every division winner next season. My only guess is that the NFL thinks SF just had a streak of bad luck this year and they'll be dominate again next season, and that's the reason we have to go back there.

31 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Yes because we played the NFC south. We play them (New Orleans) again next year because they won there division. Because of our record we have to play every division winner next season.

Thats fine. I dont mind playing New Orleans - I was speaking to playing them in New Orleans again. It should alternate.

33 minutes ago, St Vince said:

My only guess is that the NFL thinks SF just had a streak of bad luck this year and they'll be dominate again next season, and that's the reason we have to go back there.

Poor San Francisco!

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Offensive Points Scored
40-49: 3 (3-0)
30-39: 9 (8-1)
20-29: 3 (2-1)
10-19: 1 (0-1)
0-9: 0

We got 9 points (including XP) from our defense (1 safety vs MIN, 1 TD vs CHI)

Defensive Points Allowed
40-49: 0
30-39: 4 (2-2)
20-29: 5 (4-1)
10-19: 7 (7-0)
0-9: 0

We gave up 14 points directly off offense/special teams  (1 pick 6 vs TB, 1 punt return vs JAX)

We got 2 D# TDs this season - Preston against the Bears, Pick 6 from Sullivan against the Lions. 

And we suffered a 2nd Punt return TD against the Eagles. 

8 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Another TD vs the Bears, Preston returned a Za'Darius fumble for a TD. Was specifically looking for this yesterday, forgot about the safety tbh.

That's included. It was the only touchdown defensively of the year. 

EDIT - Missed Chandon's vs the Lions. So 2. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1