Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -    499 NFL players caught at least one pass during the 2020 season. Guess who finished last among the 499 in receiving yards?

Aaron Rodgers

He caught a deflected pass back to himself in Week 2 against the Lions.

Cut him.

12 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

MLF will suffer from the "but he has Rodgers" bias until Rodgers is no longer a Packer.  There is certainly some truth to that argument, but it completely ignores the fact that MLF is a huge part of what got Rodgers back on track after some regression at the end of the MM era.  There is no denying that the running game has really taken off under MLF, or how often Rodgers has wide open targets to throw to.

Funny it was the same with McCarthy and Favre. Will be interesting if Love turns out to be MLF’s Rodgers.

Maybe Matt will get fired after losing to the cardinals because his relationship with future hall of famer Jordan Love will have gone sour too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Green19 said:

Funny it was the same with McCarthy and Favre. Will be interesting if Love turns out to be MLF’s Rodgers.

Maybe Matt will get fired after losing to the cardinals because his relationship with future hall of famer Jordan Love will have gone sour too.

If I could sign a contract guaranteeing this outcome, I would. 

10 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Does this mean we're drafting Pat Freiermuth in the 1st round to learn from Big Dog before he retires?

@Outpost31

32nd overall is a freebie. 

I don't care which position we draft. 

That 28-32 range is essentially a second round pick with a 5th year option.

That's the range you actually WANT to draft the best talent, regardless of position. 

If an EDGE, DB, OT, QB or DL falls that should have been picked in the top 24, you take that player without exception.

If, however, you don't have any of those players who fall thanks to teams reaching on IOL/WR/ILB/TE, you can live with one of those positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The real question is why aren't we looking at gams far more often than we do? 

One of the first things I look at in a player. One of the reasons I was so excited to draft AJD. Conversely, I knew Kizer would be a terrible trade when I saw how skinny his calves were.  Football is not a game for guys without gams. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

One of the first things I look at in a player. One of the reasons I was so excited to draft AJD. Conversely, I knew Kizer would be a terrible trade when I saw how skinny his calves were.  Football is not a game for guys without gams. 

What is your assessment about Jordan Love's calves?