Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Just checking he doesn't give you the Kizer vibes then?

Not at all. I also saw The Kizer in person at a training camp so can’t make a gam to gam comparison outside of photos.

All joking aside,  certain positions don’t have to move mountains like others and it can be hard to have top speed if you have ham hocks so WR and DB get graded on a curve, or lack thereof. Leg strength is still important at QB and AR’s recent training from the ground up has been publicized.  Love is still built a bit like a gazelle but has time to get his body ready and definitely showed better tape than Kizer. I’m excited about the pick but none of us have anything to base an opinion on until at least next preseason. 

Every time I watched the Ravens, I was watching Queen look pretty bad.  As in Barnes looked much better to me.

Only saw 3-4 games, though.

I'm not opposed to drafting another ILB to challenge that room next year.  But Barnes has been a very solid player and Martin looks to have some nice potential as well.

I'll happily take them at where they were drafted (or not drafted) compared to the draft capital sunk into Queen.

• Like 1

Mike McCartney -   So many intriguing names on interview lists for GM openings in the NFL. I know teams put a premium on hiring people from winning teams, yet I haven’t seen one candidate from the Packers.

26 wins last 2 years and #1 seed.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Mike McCartney -   So many intriguing names on interview lists for GM openings in the NFL. I know teams put a premium on hiring people from winning teams, yet I haven’t seen one candidate from the Packers.

26 wins last 2 years and #1 seed.

Fine with me ... keep staff as is except for special teams which is nowhere near special.

Ben Fennell -    Aaron Rodgers said on Pat McAfee Show last week 'the old offense came down to matchups.. This offense is so much more about progressions & scheme.." There is nothing more dangerous than the seamless marriage of talent & scheme...Matt LaFleur has done it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I thought Queen was having an awful PFF season (at least about midway through)

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Wait 4 years and then bring this up.

50 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Every time I watched the Ravens, I was watching Queen look pretty bad.  As in Barnes looked much better to me.

Only saw 3-4 games, though.

I'm not opposed to drafting another ILB to challenge that room next year.  But Barnes has been a very solid player and Martin looks to have some nice potential as well.

I'll happily take them at where they were drafted (or not drafted) compared to the draft capital sunk into Queen.

It was Sarcasm.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol I figured out the why behind the Aaron Jones 3000 yards, 35 TDs, 5.0 YPC stat.

Talk about a massive stretch to fit your narrative.

What's the flex here? Who cares whether Kamara has similar stats (or even better stats...)? Kamara is a stud. You could add 10 RBs to this list with 3000, 35 and 5.0 and it wouldn't change the fact that Jones is a stud too and belongs in that same conversation (and has the stats to back it up). I really don't understand the general sentiment throughout this group that Jones is somehow a lesser player than what he is...it's really weird. Is it because we might lose Jones so people are trying to cope with it by attempting to undervalue him? If we choose not to pay Jones because we simply aren't going to pay any RB that kind of real money, fine, I can live with that decision. But if we go that route, it doesn't change the fact that we're losing one of the best players on this team...there's really no debate otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

What's the flex here? Who cares whether Kamara has similar stats (or even better stats...)? Kamara is a stud. You could add 10 RBs to this list with 3000, 35 and 5.0 and it wouldn't change the fact that Jones is a stud too and belongs in that same conversation (and has the stats to back it up). I really don't understand the general sentiment throughout this group that Jones is somehow a lesser player than what he is...it's really weird. Is it because we might lose Jones so people are trying to cope with it by attempting to undervalue him? If we choose not to pay Jones because we simply aren't going to pay any RB that kind of real money, fine, I can live with that decision. But if we go that route, it doesn't change the fact that we're losing one of the best players on this team...there's really no debate otherwise. 

The flex by who? Nobody is calling Jones a lesser player or the like. It was a shot at the dude making a stretch to prop up his guy. Has nothing to do with Aaron Jones himself.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The flex by who? Nobody is calling Jones a lesser player or the like. It was a shot at the dude making a stretch to prop up his guy. Has nothing to do with Aaron Jones himself.

My point is simply...why not prop Jones up? He's a beast and those are real numbers, regardless of whether it's just Brown or other RBs with similar numbers. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

My point is simply...why not prop Jones up? He's a beast and those are real numbers, regardless of whether it's just Brown or other RBs with similar numbers. 

It's fine to prop up Jones. He doesn't need someone to put massive qualifiers on it in order to do so. The stat is a stretch in itself. That's the argument. Has nothing to do with discrediting Jones.