Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

Is there some pressure for playoff team coordinators to get involved in interviewing for coaching vacancies now in order to not miss out? I thought most teams let the playoffs conclude before mucking around with busy candidates.

Assistant coaches in the playoffs can't afford to put off interviews.  Teams putting together a new staff do not wait around anymore.  

14 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

This is nice. Should at least create some fan atmosphere to go along with the typical Lambeau weather(hopefully minus the wind of course)

I find that hard to believe, if the Packers are handling this covid situation the same way they handle players injuries, no one is getting tickets for like 2 years.

35 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I find that hard to believe, if the Packers are handling this covid situation the same way they handle players injuries, no one is getting tickets for like 2 years.

Is it a bad thing to be cautious, in either of those examples, when people's health is on the line?

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

not a fan of the distraction

he should be worrying about 4 NFC playoff defenses

While I obviously don't like the distraction, I can't help but feel happy that we have good enough coordinators to get some outside looks for HC gigs. When was the last time that happened? Philbin?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

While I obviously don't like the distraction, I can't help but feel happy that we have good enough coordinators to get some outside looks for HC gigs. When was the last time that happened? Philbin?

There is a pretty small number of HC jobs open every year.  AVP will basically be head coach offensively for Cleveland this weekend.  We've had a few talented coordinators move on, but none have made a lot of noise in the league except AVP and Patrick Graham who I liked from his interviews here.

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Just hope it's the top 6,000 rowdiest fans we have. If you're a quiet, sit-all-game fan, just stay home.  

Get 6,000 kids from Wisky to come out and give them free beer!!  

in reality it will be grandma and grandpa with their seat cushions and hot cocoa. 

11 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

in reality it will be grandma and grandpa with their seat cushions and hot cocoa. 

Yep, I wonder though, I know they are only offering to season ticket holders but I wonder if those ticket will end up on craig's list? Also how does that work, is there name's on the tickets, names of the season ticket holders that get the ticket?

12 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

The noise just isn't going to be there with that few fans anyways. Hopefully it revs up the team a bit to have fans in the stands though. 

44 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Yep, I wonder though, I know they are only offering to season ticket holders but I wonder if those ticket will end up on craig's list? Also how does that work, is there name's on the tickets, names of the season ticket holders that get the ticket?

No secondary market. The tickets are mobile only, probably linked to the season ticket holder's account. Basically, only a season ticket holder can buy the tickets, and it appears that if a non-season ticket holder attends (i.e. buys or gets a ticket from a season ticket holder who purchased it), that person has to attend the game with that same season-ticket holder, because the tickets are grouped in "pods." 

So when @Packerraymond or @incognito_man get their tickets and give me one, I'll have to be in their "pod." :) I cannot just buy a ticket off of stubhub or ebay, etc. 

Edited by packfanfb