Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No Veldheer 

Smart on their part.  I'm sure we wouldn't be the only playoff team sniffing around for a tackle before the run.  We will have to play with our depth we've been developing thids year.  May they never see a snap outside of the V formation.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No Veldheer 

The better question is, can we sign him if the Colts lose this week? He was elevated to the 55-man roster as a PS elevation, not signed to the 53. So after the game, he'll revert back to the PS. If they lose, the question becomes, could we sign him off the PS? Not sure of the rules regarding signing a PS player off a team whose season has ended...

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The better question is, can we sign him if the Colts lose this week? He was elevated to the 55-man roster as a PS elevation, not signed to the 53. So after the game, he'll revert back to the PS. If they lose, the question becomes, could we sign him off the PS? Not sure of the rules regarding signing a PS player off a team whose season has ended...

Is he better than Elgton Jenkins? I doubt it. Jenkins is the OT backup, with Runyan coming in to play OG. Our offense didn't miss a beat with Runyan.

We don't need Veldheer this year.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Is he better than Elgton Jenkins? I doubt it. Jenkins is the OT backup, with Runyan coming in to play OG. Our offense didn't miss a beat with Runyan.

Just a little concerning that our OL depth is virtually down to 6 guys. It was nice when Wagner or Patrick was the 6 and Runyan the 7. Now, Runyan is the 6 and then the bottom falls out with complete unknowns like Braden and Nijman. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Just a little concerning that our OL depth is virtually down to 6 guys. It was nice when Wagner or Patrick was the 6 and Runyan the 7. Now, Runyan is the 6 and then the bottom falls out with complete unknowns like Braden and Nijman. 

That's the NFL. Teams don't go 7 deep, we're super lucky this year. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Him plus Jenkins is better than Jenkins and that’s it.

38 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

With 5 AP teams now, Bak legit makes the HoF now (especially if he gets a ring this year). That is more than Pace and 1 less than Jones. Hopefully he recovers quickly next year and can another good season or 2 in.

Damn. This definitely flew under my radar. It's a shame he can't be on the field for his ring this year :(

Always next year!

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think Jaire is going to need his own appreciation thread soon

I encourage anyone with access to the All-22 to just spend a minute watching Jaire every play.  He's just an absolute monster, both in terms of his play and in terms of the way he acts.  He's more of a pest than John Leguizamo, and he does it all while just absolutely glued to the receivers hip.  His change of direction ability is unreal, but almost secondary to how quickly he reacts to things.  He has absolutely no hesitation when he trusts what he sees and he goes 0-60 in about a step.  He's always swatting at people's hands, sometimes whether or not they're even targeted, and he plays the ball all the way to the ground every time.  Plus he's apparently absurdly strong, given how often he goes through TEs like they're JV kids just trying their best.  He's absolutely an All-Pro and frankly I'd guess the most frustrating corner to play against in the league.  His next paycheck would frighten me if I wasn't so glad he was getting it from Green Bay.