Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like Marcedes Lewis was the guy who was irrationally dumped on when the Packers signed him...

Was he? Was it possibly just because we had so recently wasted money on Martellus Bennett and Jimmy Graham at TE? I was probably negative at the time :D 

I love that he has embraced the blocker role even though he probably could still be a 2014-2016 Richard Rodgers kind of player if he was targeted more. 

I've always viewed Lewis as kind of an "enforcer".  He's a pro's pro.  He's been there, done that and knows the game inside and out.  Not just on gamedays, but in preparation and practice.  Our team has a lot of young pups on it, it is good to have those seasoned vets there showing them the ropes.  

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Gute - the only GM in the history of the league to sign a playoff teams starting LT after they were eliminated.

Tavon - Snacks - Veldheer is some serious late season roster magic.

Now if only he would have claimed Kumerow too.....:) 

• Like 2

Tom Silverstein -    It would be a gamble since Veldheer has mostly been a RT of late, but he has started at LT for the Cardinals as late as '17. There's also the issue of RT Billy Wagner's knee and how ready he will be and whether he can go an entire game if he can play. Would be insurance that way

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -    It would be a gamble since Veldheer has mostly been a RT of late, but he has started at LT for the Cardinals as late as '17. There's also the issue of RT Billy Wagner's knee and how ready he will be and whether he can go an entire game if he can play. Would be insurance that way

He played LT whole game last week for colts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Turner was hurt?

Love the Veldheer sighing for value at this time of year. Sounds like his PFF grade was in the 70s for the Colts.

Edited by Arthur Penske