Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Since we got Veldheer, anyway we can finagle JJ away from the Texans for this game?

Really, only partially kidding.  How is it that Veldheer can sign with us after playing last week and being eliminated?  I don't understand the rules that apply here.  How is he different than a guy like JJ?  Or if it is a playoffs thing, how about anyone from any eliminated team that has an expired contract?

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The Packers are bringing in Breeland Speaks for a workout, what happened there? He was just a 2nd? rd draft pick for the Chiefs, how'd he flame out so fast, I know he had a least a small stretch of solid play? Also Bronson Kaufusi who is a TE now. wild.

They could only have one Breeland on the team.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  Packers final special teams rankings by year, since 2012:

2020: 29th
2019: 26th
2018: 32nd
2017: 16th
2016: 29th
2015: 17th
2014: 32nd
2013: 20th
2012: 12th

There is no excuse for this.  I trust our young coach to start to shore up weaknesses, ST being move #1 when it comes to staff this offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  Packers final special teams rankings by year, since 2012:

2020: 29th
2019: 26th
2018: 32nd
2017: 16th
2016: 29th
2015: 17th
2014: 32nd
2013: 20th
2012: 12th

That's posted in the Fire Mennenga thread, yeah?

18 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The Packers are bringing in Breeland Speaks for a workout, what happened there? He was just a 2nd? rd draft pick for the Chiefs, how'd he flame out so fast, I know he had a least a small stretch of solid play?

Also Bronson Kaufusi who is a TE now. wild.

Can't believe Kaufusi is a TE as well.

Speaks was a horrible fit for KC from the drop of a hat and then got hurt his second year.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

DVOA specials ranks

Overall: 25th

FG: 5th

Kickoffs: 21st

Kick Returns: 28th

Punt: 29th

Punt return: 24th

Speaking of KO returns, if I'm the Packers, I'm putting Jamal back to return kicks during the playoffs. I don't trust Taylor, he's Shepherd 2.0. Every time he timidly returns a kick, I just prepare myself for a fumble. Jamal isn't going to get you any kind of big return, but we don't need it (and Taylor isn't a threat anyways). I at least trust Jamal with the ball and feel good about him not fumbling. That's the type of play the Rams will be looking for to change this game, so we absolutely cannot have a ST turnover.