Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Speaking of KO returns, if I'm the Packers, I'm putting Jamal back to return kicks during the playoffs. I don't trust Taylor, he's Shepherd 2.0. Every time he timidly returns a kick, I just prepare myself for a fumble. Jamal isn't going to get you any kind of big return, but we don't need it (and Taylor isn't a threat anyways). I at least trust Jamal with the ball and feel good about him not fumbling. That's the type of play the Rams will be looking for to change this game, so we absolutely cannot have a ST turnover. 

And in the SEA game their defense was as keen to take swipes at the ball / knock it out as they were to tackle the guy.  We've got to be ready for this.

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN Stats & Info -  On this date in 1967, the Vince Lombardi-led Packers beat Kansas City in the first Super Bowl (then called the AFL-NFL World Championship Game). Bart Starr won the first of his two Super Bowl MVP awards.

What has happened before, will happen again.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29hiyfcojshajm03ml31

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hackett interviewed for HC with the Falcons.

That would make sense......#1 offense is gonna put a shine on the OC. Glad they didnt pull the trigger. Thanks for the update.

Edited by Leader

On 1/13/2021 at 5:25 PM, Leader said:

And in the SEA game their defense was as keen to take swipes at the ball / knock it out as they were to tackle the guy.  We've got to be ready for this.

We've got to play conservatively on ST. We've bitched and moaned all year about how that unit is atrocious. Given our ability on offense, we should be content to let the ball go into the endzone on every kickoff and unless our PR is catching it at the 10, we should fair catch everything.

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

We've got to play conservatively on ST. We've bitched and moaned all year about how that unit is atrocious. Given our ability on offense, we should be content to let the ball go into the endzone on every kickoff and unless our PR is catching it at the 10, we should fair catch everything.

I dont mind the ST units making a go of it.  I think Taylor sure handed and tough enough. It's Austin thats the "back of my mind" concern in so much as his fumbling history precedes him. Granted - his "bad years" were some time ago - but still - they (apparently) were pretty bad.

Edited by Leader

On 1/14/2021 at 12:58 AM, Toddfather said:

Has this ever been posted on here before? Just some cool highlights.

I've posted it in the past when using it as proof that he threw the way he did and it wasn't Mac who fixed his release.

EDIT - at Butte, not the HS part.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hackett interviewed for HC with the Falcons.

ATL looks to be going with the Titans OC for HC.  Good news, I want to keep the Gold Zone going for at least another season, especially with Mike LaFleur supposedly off the table as a replacement.