Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Anyone have concerns with him playing on that short of notice or is his experience with Pettine good enough?

There is no one else on the planet that was not on the team this year that could fit right in like he can.  He's such a vet, and has already worked in the system and with this secondary that he should pick it right up.  He'll have the safeties to relay any calls he needs help with but there is no better back up in the league right now.

I was calling for him earlier in the season when King was down and was disappointed when BAL grabbed him up.  This will make me very happy even if he doesn't see many snaps. Please make this happen!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Refugee said:

There is no one else on the planet that was not on the team this year that could fit right in like he can.  He's such a vet, and has already worked in the system and with this secondary that he should pick it right up.  He'll have the safeties to relay any calls he needs help with but there is no better back up in the league right now.

I was calling for him earlier in the season when King was down and was disappointed when BAL grabbed him up.  This will make me very happy even if he doesn't see many snaps. Please make this happen!

Just listen to Davante on the collinsworth/Sherman podcast. Adams said there are only 2 CBs in the league that read offenses and know exactly what’s going on.

One was Sherman... the other tramon. Pretty cool to know he is seen that way by his teammates.

Also... love Adams basically said the CB on Tampa that got the pick six was straight lying knowing what route he was going to run. Said there wasn’t any way for him to know. Thought it was funny.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not from what I saw Saturday. He played a lot deep with Savage.

You're right, it's probably closer to 50/50. Looking at the 2 minute drill he played 4 in the box, 2 out, but the 2 out were inside the 10 yard line. I have to imagine redzone supersedes 2 minute drill but I'm not 1000% sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Did we actually add TW (?) or is it just a being discussed as a good idea?

Somewhere in the middle. Tramon will VERY LIKELY be signed. The Packers sent the jet to go pick him up and bring him to GB. That's a very good sign. Nothing will be official however until paperwork can be processed, and the league office is closed until tomorrow.

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Somewhere in the middle. Tramon will VERY LIKELY be signed. The Packers sent the jet to go pick him up and bring him to GB. That's a very good sign. Nothing will be official however until paperwork can be processed, and the league office is closed until tomorrow.

Hmmmm....okay. Works for me. Cant say what level he's playing at (or capable of) - but it would be nice to add him to this journey and (hopefuly) let him bury some of the past with future glory. Works for me 👍

3 hours ago, AustrianPacker said:

I like bringing Tramon in as a veteran for the locker room, but don´t play him too much. Don´t have positive memories about his play last year. 

Hey played well last year really in consideration. He's not lock down obviously but he played decent for his age and what we asked him to do.

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're right, it's probably closer to 50/50. Looking at the 2 minute drill he played 4 in the box, 2 out, but the 2 out were inside the 10 yard line. I have to imagine redzone supersedes 2 minute drill but I'm not 1000% sure.

I love it, it's like hiding your weak spot on defense in baseball, usually at 1B or LF. It also brings out the better in Amos. It was a move I've been calling for a long time now, though I thought Josh Jackson and his instincts and ball skills really being the only thing he's got going for him would be the better candidate.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I love it, it's like hiding your weak spot on defense in baseball, usually at 1B or LF. It also brings out the better in Amos. It was a move I've been calling for a long time now, though I thought Josh Jackson and his instincts and ball skills really being the only thing he's got going for him would be the better candidate.

It makes sense.

Now get me Tramon as Slot 2 and move Amos back to the deep half lol

• Like 1